Observations of Church Power structures: Rethinking Quinn..

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Observations of Church Power structures: Rethinking Quinn..

Post by _Mercury »

...With added Sarcasm

Ya see, at the heart of it I am a bloody Darwinian capitalist. Those who want my true motivation, that's it. Write it down Peterson and put it in my SCMC file.

Furthermore I am jealous because my father did not go the business route and instead languishes in Public hell, a.k.a. Public Employee. I wish I was one of the elite. Instead there were no extensions of Real Estate purchases before the Church bought up a prime piece of Real Estate. Owning 15 percent of an LDS Corporation church Real Estate deal can be pretty sweet. Especially if you are in the Stake Presidents family.

Furthermore if I was a smug little Sandy brownshirt missionary I would have gained better standing along with having a conscience. My conscientious objecting to the numbers of common themes playing out on my mission made me sick. For some perverse reason I still believed publicly for 4 years after hitting the tarmac at McCarran. The day I returned home was the happiest day of my life aside from my wedding day.

Power in the LDS Church...is it financial in structure? Who decides who gets the money paid to General Contractors? Who supplies basic items such as Sacrament cups. Who will clean the buildings...Oh, that's right...Write that one off!

So ladies and Gentlemen, What we have here are a bunch of RICO cases waiting to happen. False advertising: no paid clergy, even at local level? Come on! Profiteering is still currency being exchanged for involvement. Just connect the dots between the bank accounts...oh that's right, there are no books, at least ones we can get to. Private Equity is what built Utah and Private Equity is what keeps it economically depressed.

True power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical temple ceremony!
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Re: Observations of Church Power structures: Rethinking Quin

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Mercury wrote:...With added Sarcasm

Ya see, at the heart of it I am a bloody Darwinian capitalist. Those who want my true motivation, that's it.

The cult got you too!
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: Observations of Church Power structures: Rethinking Quin

Post by _Mercury »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Mercury wrote:...With added Sarcasm

Ya see, at the heart of it I am a bloody Darwinian capitalist. Those who want my true motivation, that's it.

The cult got you too!

Yep.
Lost in time
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

What do you think would happen if an independent audit was ever conducted?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

moksha wrote:What do you think would happen if an independent audit was ever conducted?

I speculate what would be found is that tithing money is converted into real estate. This real estate is then converted into cash and used to invest in for profit businesses wherein the elite profit directly. You do not need a frigging audit to determine this and this is just one of the MANY visible methods of spiritual money laundering.

Where is the money going that is paid to the church by missionary families?

Why does the church need to invest in a mall that will bankrupt a large portion of their businesses, leaving their sheep to cover the differences?

If you do not see the inherent financial impropriety then you are ignorant, blind and stupid.
Lost in time