JST says Song of Solomon is not scripture

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Re: JST says Song of Solomon is not scripture

Post by _Hoops »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Song of Solomon is, in my opinion, the most beautifully composed book in the Bible

KA

You are right on there, young lady. This is perhaps the most beautiful piece of literature in all the history of the written word. I can not understand why some have such a hangup about this.

Our pastor preached on this just a few months ago and it was awesome.

Just giving you your props.
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

Why can't we see this book for what it is: declaration of love between a man and a woman. Why is that so bad?
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Hoops wrote:Why can't we see this book for what it is: declaration of love between a man and a woman. Why is that so bad?

I see it and see nothing bad.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I always liked the Song of Solomon....I think it is the best aged book of the Bible (because it's still relevant....everyone loves a little romance)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Hoops wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:Song of Solomon is, in my opinion, the most beautifully composed book in the Bible

KA

You are right on there, young lady. This is perhaps the most beautiful piece of literature in all the history of the written word. I can not understand why some have such a hangup about this.

Our pastor preached on this just a few months ago and it was awesome.

Just giving you your props.

Thank you, Hoops. It truly is a beautiful piece of literature.

KA

PS - Thank you Msnobody for giving BarreloMonkeys a link. I think she liked it! :)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

KimberlyAnn wrote:
Hoops wrote:

KA

PS - Thank you Msnobody for giving BarreloMonkeys a link. I think she liked it! :)

She did like. She's a hopeless romantic.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

It is beautiful literature. It is just hard for our human minds to read it without our human nature/sinful nature kicking in.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

msnobody wrote:It is beautiful literature. It is just hard for our human minds to read it without our human nature/sinful nature kicking in.

Lust coupled with love is not part of our sinful nature.

I expect that when I'm resurrected that I will get the best of all of my life's stages. My look in my late teens/early twenties, the innocence of childhood (without the ignorance), the passion of youth, the sex drive of my teens/twenties, the responsibility of middle age, and the deep wisdom of age all rolled into one package and then added upon.

Therefore I will be:

Physically amazing (girls will drool more) :)
Perfectly Guilt-Free (nothing to inhibit joy)
Passion for what I love
Sexual desire beyond what I have now coupled with the ability of both me and my wife to express it perfectly
Sanity
Wisdom beyond my comprehension

Sometimes I'm almost eager to die :)
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Hmm... I'm guessing sex while alive is better than sex after death... necrowhatdoyacallit? ;P

Anyway... if there is passionate lust filled sex in heaven sign me up!
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Hmm... I'm guessing sex while alive is better than sex after death... necrowhatdoyacallit? ;P

Anyway... if there is passionate lust filled sex in heaven sign me up!

Necrophilia, and no, I should be clear I'm talking about the living in all cases. I'm completely anti-necrophilia and totally pro-biophilia.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo