JST says Song of Solomon is not scripture

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Hoops wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Hmm... I'm guessing sex while alive is better than sex after death... necrowhatdoyacallit? ;P

Anyway... if there is passionate lust filled sex in heaven sign me up!

I think there is... though I have no scriptural evidence to support, though it makes sense.

Are you kidding? I can never tell with you. Why would that make sense? Because you're a man and heaven would be a wild and frisky pajama party?

Well, my wife may differ with me, but I think women enjoy sex as well.

I think there will be sex in heaven because it is a part of who we are, a part of our nature, it is a wonderful aspect of our creation. I am NOT claiming that sex will be expressed in the same earthly way, however, I think it will be there is some way. Perhaps, since we will have regenerate bodies, it will be some kind of "mind sex."

I know before I became Christian I used to have mind sex all the time - and you don't even need a partner for it.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Hoops wrote:I know before I became Christian I used to have mind sex all the time - and you don't even need a partner for it.

Personally I'm too worried about people trying to give me another mind f . . . I mean job. Yeah, job. Sometimes I feel so dirty that afterwards I'm just looking to shower my mind. I'd prefer a good brainstorm, but a good brainwashing might be welcome too after a particularly nasty mind job.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

moksha wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Hmm... I'm guessing sex while alive is better than sex after death... necrowhatdoyacallit? ;P

I do not wish to appear bigoted, but once you get Zombies moving in next door, there goes the neighborhood.

*coke all over my screen*
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:
Hoops wrote:

Anyway... if there is passionate lust filled sex in heaven sign me up!

I think there is... though I have no scriptural evidence to support, though it makes sense.

Are you kidding? I can never tell with you. Why would that make sense? Because you're a man and heaven would be a wild and frisky pajama party?

How exactly is one to have passionate lust filled sex in their jammies?

And that's all LDS heaven is anyway - continual polygamous sex for everyone. But continual pregnancy, too. Yuck. I'm glad to miss out on that!

And Song of Songs is certainly about earthy sex.

KA

I disagree, it's more than that. It's sex plus more.....some of it may even be better as blasphemous as that might sound. With pregnancy you have to remember you're birthing Spirits. Spirits probably are much less painful and don't involve morning sickness, bloating of the body, and 12 hours of labor.

Edit: Would it be wrong to request pics of the aforementioned jammies? :)
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo