Polar bears, limbless lizards and bush babies...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Jersey Girl.

You want a whole ecosystem and mating on the boat too? How much wetland was on the boat. How much prairy Old Testament jungle?
How many plants to grow and feed and be eaten. Pollun, bees, slime mold, fungi, mites?
Were does the dung go? How does a polar bear survive in the same environment as snake or frog?
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Tarski wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:And Tarski.....according to the Bible account...Noah didn't get the animals.

It doesn't matter. Even if they came to him and he had to prepare the place in the boat and get them on, secure, etc. I would still take an hour per species at least.

Hey go ahead an calculate with 10 minutes. Some species don't even live that long.

What if more than one species entered the boat at once? Our brain does amazing things because of parallel processing. So what if Noah had the whole ark open? What if the animals helped build the ark too? If donkeys can talk, then why not hammer in a few nails (not that I'm even sure if nails were invented by then)?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Here’s some fun. Using an 18 inch cubit, we end up with an Ark that is approximately 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. We then end up with approximately 1,518,000 cubic feet of storage space. If the Ark had 3 stories (which I think would be the most it could have), we would end up with about 101,000 square feet of storage space. With the lowered amount of 50,000 species we have about 2 square feet of space per species (or 1 square foot of space per animal) -- and this isn’t taking into account the animals that he was commanded to bring more than two of. Then, on top of this there is the food concerns (an elephant alone needs about 150-200 pounds of food per day).

Hmmmm…

But then again, it's possible the animals were babies, they were put in a deep hibernation, and the Ark was equipped with a Flux Capacitor and was really a Delorian.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Did I mention 950,000 species of mating multiplying insects?
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Tarski wrote:Jersey Girl.

You want a whole ecosystem and mating on the boat too? How much wetland was on the boat. How much prairy Old Testament jungle?
How many plants to grow and feed and be eaten. Pollun, bees, slime mold, fungi, mites?
Were does the dung go? How does a polar bear survive in the same environment as snake or frog?

I heard something about God making all the animals hibernate. I guess it was some kind of cyrogenic preservation like with Hans Solo was put in carbonite. With God, all things are possible including super cool Star Wars technology.

I wonder if Noah had a light saber too. I'm certain he could use the force.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

asbestosman wrote:
Tarski wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:And Tarski.....according to the Bible account...Noah didn't get the animals.

It doesn't matter. Even if they came to him and he had to prepare the place in the boat and get them on, secure, etc. I would still take an hour per species at least.

Hey go ahead an calculate with 10 minutes. Some species don't even live that long.

What if more than one species entered the boat at once? Our brain does amazing things because of parallel processing. So what if Noah had the whole ark open? What if the animals helped build the ark too? If donkeys can talk, then why not hammer in a few nails (not that I'm even sure if nails were invented by then)?

Take 20 to 50 million species and figure it out any realistic way you want.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

asbestosman wrote:
Tarski wrote:Jersey Girl.

I heard something about God making all the animals hibernate. I guess it was some kind of cyrogenic preservation like with Hans Solo was put in carbonite. With God, all things are possible including super cool Star Wars technology.

I wonder if Noah had a light saber too. I'm certain he could use the force.

In you heart, you know none of it happened ABman.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Doctor Steuss wrote:But then again, it's possible the animals were babies, they were put in a deep hibernation, and the Ark was equipped with a Flux Capacitor and was really a Delorian.

Nope, it was actually equipped with a Tardis to make the inside bigger than the outside.

Tarski should know about those kinds of manifolds where the Euclidean volume would be smaller than the actual volume due to the warping of space-time.

Then again maybe you're right and the Flux Capaitor is what does the warping.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Still think its a possible reality?

Try solving the other problems with reason and logic:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Tarski wrote:Did I mention 950,000 species of mating multiplying insects?

Maybe they hitchhiked on some driftwood.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO