Polar bears, limbless lizards and bush babies...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Ahhh Tarski.. you are picking at nats.

Time stood still, the animals CAME to Noah in an instant, they all hybrinated on the ark.

It was a miracle!

;-)

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_evolving
_Emeritus

Post by _evolving »

I'm surprised no-one has figured this out yet - it is really simple, using Cleon Skousen as a source - the animals were all miniaturized, and telepathically transported to the arc. Or my mission president held the belief UFO’s did it, and because they did not have to deal with time-space reality, Noah was really an extra-terrestrial, or the aliens helped, or something like that.. but that was only his theory.
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Hmm....

Post by _cksalmon »

I hadn't really thought of it in those terms, T.

Interesting.

CKS
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

an ark, lol! I admit, I would have been one of those guys laughing at Noah.

"With God, all things are possible including super cool Star Wars technology."

Yeah, including just sparing the animals and people he liked from drowning. I see it as especially problematic when God uses his people to bring about his will by natural means and then has to end up getting even more supernatural than he would have had to in the first place in order to solve all the technical problems the human creators of the myth didn't think of.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Gadianton wrote:an ark, lol! I admit, I would have been one of those guys laughing at Noah.

How long can you tread water?

That Bill Cosby tape is a classic.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Maybe he just helped a pig over a puddle.

LOL! I have to say that is about the best summary of Book of Mormon limited geography theory I have ever read.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Tarski wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tarski wrote:Jersey Girl.

You want a whole ecosystem and mating on the boat too? How much wetland was on the boat. How much prairy Old Testament jungle?
How many plants to grow and feed and be eaten. Pollun, bees, slime mold, fungi, mites?
Were does the dung go? How does a polar bear survive in the same environment as snake or frog?

Hmmm...been totally down this road before...how many species existed back then?

More than now.

How do you know that?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

asbestosman wrote:
Gadianton wrote:an ark, lol! I admit, I would have been one of those guys laughing at Noah.

How long can you tread water?

That Bill Cosby tape is a classic.

OMgosh! I hadn't thought about that in years! You're right, it was truly classic!
Chinese Proverb
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tarski wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tarski wrote:Jersey Girl.

You want a whole ecosystem and mating on the boat too? How much wetland was on the boat. How much prairy Old Testament jungle?
How many plants to grow and feed and be eaten. Pollun, bees, slime mold, fungi, mites?
Were does the dung go? How does a polar bear survive in the same environment as snake or frog?

Hmmm...been totally down this road before...how many species existed back then?

More than now.

How do you know that?

Speciation and extinction takes place on much longer times scales. The flood was supposed to be less than 6000 years ago. that's nothing! The fossil record, and above all, the mathematics of evolutionary population genetics shows that 6000 years ago the number of species would have been roughly the same except for one major factor: Recently the 6 billion human count population and his ecological encroachment has caused a dramatic increase in extinctions.

But wait, Jersey Girl. It doesn't matter. Take there to be half the number of species a mere 6000 yars ago (a genetic and evolutionary absurdity) and it still doesn't work out:
http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articl ... 2_2003.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_genetics

Hint: The answersingenesis website and its imitators are not scientific and basicaly full of BS.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Tarski
Hint: The answersingenesis website and its imitators are not scientific and basicaly full of BS.

Hint: I'm not supporting the flood story, I'm trying to forward your discussion. And yes, I know about the creationist stuff. As I stated previously, I've been down this road before.
Chinese Proverb