Feeling the Pull of Nostalgia

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

I am going far away from computers for a few days. No further discussion on the difference between the world with and without God for the present anyway.

I thought I would add my little bit to Runtus nostalgia topic. Growing up my parents, who both came from Salt Lake area, journed across country to visit SL every summer. It remains as a sort of pilgramige destination in my mind. I remember it in broad vistas and have always been impressed with the valley.It seems to want to say I am the center. A cousin lived above the capitol and had a fabulous front porch view of the valley. I visited the spot a few years ago. the then sparsly built up area has become city. The view remains the same. It is in my memory a grand romantic vista.

My grandfathers home has been replaced by some big new center on North Temple.

My grandmother on my fathers side lived in Park City. That was before sking. It was a very quiet old fashioned mining town. Now there is something erased by time. I use to fly model airoplaned in a vast empty field below the town. There were no buildings. There was sagebrush boardered by trees. Somebody built a city there since then. Somebody erased Park City and built something else there as well. Wheres Silver King?
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

For those not in th Celestial Kingdom I think we still will know each other and share relations. It seems one would have as much of a relationship with a family member even if they are not sealed and a "forever family" as they would under Christian doctrine. However, if the kingdoms are separated then there would be no relations with anyone not on your kingdom.

If this is true, then the LDS church is being very misleading to investigators and outsiders. There's all this emphasis on the temple being the only way you can be with your family forever.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com