Is the Mormon Curtain no more?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Is the Mormon Curtain no more?

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

http://www.mormoncurtain.com/

The Mormon Curtain Topics

The Mormon Curtain is no longer archiving Ex-Mormon posts daily. The Mormon Curtain is an Ex-Mormon resource website that actively culled topics throughout the Ex-Mormon Communities from January 2005 to August 2007. It reported on all of the aspects of the Ex-Mormon Community. All of the articles here are HISTORY TOPICS - there are no CURRENT TOPICS. This archived site is brought to you by Infymus.

Well Infymus are you retiring permanently to your gin palace or are you going to collect any posts or what?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

http://www.exmormonforums.com/ex-mormon ... l#post2678

I have been writing up a response to everyone as to why I have changed the Mormon Curtain over to an archive site only now - and no longer gathering news. Sorry that I didn't get it put up in time today.

In short: I've recovered, I'm done, it is time to move on.

In long: The Mormon Curtain will continue to stay up and articles continued to be added, but on a limited basis.

My long term plans:

1. Keeping the Ex-Mormon Forums going (at http://www.exmormonforums.com )
2. Finishing and publishing my new website, Mormon Resignation (at http://www.mormonresignation.com)
3. Polishing off my Caligra-Reader that allows a person to download the entire Mormon Curtain database and have full search, print, etc. abilities. Caligra is the software (found at Caligra.COM - Static And Dynamic Web Page/Blogging Creation) that I wrote to keep track of the Mormon Curtain. It is quite complicated, but works extremely well for websites such as the MC. I highly recommend it to others in the Ex-Mormon communities that are looking for a way to archive and store the vast information out there. I also use it for my own personal blog, and many other sites I run.

These items will take me some time and no longer culling news on the MC will free me up quite a bit.

I must shout out my appreciation for those of you who instantly emailed me stating how sorry you were that I was no longer going to be publishing on the MC. Rest assured, I am not leaving the Ex-Mormon world, not yet. I still have work to do. But by stopping the culling of messages, I am freeing up 15 to 20 hours a week for me to work in other directions that I need to go.

So thank you for your best wishes and your kind emails.

Infymus,
Michael S. Hoenie
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Thank you, Michael, for all your hard work. I, for one, really appreciate it.

KA
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Thank you, Michael, for all your hard work. I, for one, really appreciate it.

KA

KA, thank you. I have archived many of your posts and I appreciate your contributions.

It means a great deal to me. Thank you.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Infymus wrote:Infymus,
Michael S. Hoenie

"Mister Scratch", take note.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Thank you, Michael, for all your hard work. I, for one, really appreciate it.

KA
I second that Michael, your work is top notch and kicks Mormon ass.
_personage
_Emeritus

Post by _personage »

Words can not express how thankful I will always be to Michael and the information that he has on the Mormon Curtain. Finding that site was my first step in discovering the real truth about the church. I am sure many others feel the same way.
Good luck Michael. I am forever in your debt.