Oh woe is the chat room!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Jersey Girl wrote:Ya, that's what I'm trying to figure out ...if its the CR or this POS iMac computer I have to use right now! I think it must be this computer. It's an old computer that was dragged out of the basement and kept for stand by when the previous one crashed. Maybe I need ta kick it back down there! Next time I'll see if I can use a different computer (we have lots but in less favorable locations) and see how that goes.

The story of my computers by Jersey Girl.

The end!

I think it's your machine, Jersey. I had to trade my home computer for my work computer in order to chat the other night. My home computer is much slower and doesn't have the latest flash, so all I could do was watch.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

harmony wrote:
I think it's your machine, Jersey. I had to trade my home computer for my work computer in order to chat the other night. My home computer is much slower and doesn't have the latest flash, so all I could do was watch.

Yeah, this iMac is a bad apple! I'll try another one later.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Jersey Girl wrote:Ya, that's what I'm trying to figure out ...if its the CR or this POS iMac computer I have to use right now! I think it must be this computer. It's an old computer that was dragged out of the basement and kept for stand by when the previous one crashed. Maybe I need ta kick it back down there! Next time I'll see if I can use a different computer (we have lots but in less favorable locations) and see how that goes.

The end!

Chat has frozen up on me before, though, and everyone else, too. I have a new desktop which I was using to chat one evening and it still froze on me. So, though it may be partly your computer, I don't think that's the entire problem.

KA
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

The end!

One other thing, Jersey Girl.

If you're using Firefox browser, make sure you have uploaded the latest version. When I did that, I noticed there were fewer hiccups for me in chat.