Oh woe is the chat room!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Oh woe is the chat room!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Questions...and yes, I think keene was contacted but I don't know anything about that.

1. Do the icons in the chat room slow it up?
2. If not, why is it so slow and why does it freeze up?
3. When I type there, the letters show up painstakingly slow before I can post the message.
Eventually it slows to the point where it freezes up and I can't type anything.
4. Is it possible to upgrade it? If so, let's talk turkey.

Jersey Girl

Turkey=$
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

It's best to send Keene an e-mail (through his profile), since he almost never checks the actual threads here.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thanks Shades. I think someone already contacted him but I don't know what the results were. I thought too, that maybe someone who is more knowledgeable than me (which would be anybody including those taking random guesses!) about how those things work would know if those icons slow it up too.
Chinese Proverb
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

The icons shouldn't slow it down. It doesn't take anymore bandwidth than typing letters.

The chatroom was actually working pretty well last night.

It might be interesting for Keene to compare the functions between the chatroom we have and the one Kevin is using. It looks like the same software.

by the way...Kevin mentioned on another thread that if our chatroom freezes, we're welcome to use his.

Let me look up that link and I'll sticky it to the top of the forum for easy reference.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

What would make it slow and freeze up, Liz? Do you know?
Chinese Proverb
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

There are lots of variables.

Also..it could be something on your end since you are having more problems than others.

What type of computer and browser are you using when accessing the chatroom?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I'll add my voice to Liz's that the chatroom was working perfectly last night.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:I'll add my voice to Liz's that the chatroom was working perfectly last night.

Yes, it was working perfectly. And it was lovely to see you in the chat room, Dr. Shades.

KA
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

The chat room was fine last night Jersey Girl. You need to get a new computer!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ya, that's what I'm trying to figure out ...if its the CR or this POS iMac computer I have to use right now! i think it must be this computer. It's an old computer that was dragged out of the basement and kept for stand by when the previous one crashed. Maybe I need ta kick it back down there! Next time I'll see if I can use a different computer (we have lots but in less favorable locations) and see how that goes.

The story of my computers by Jersey Girl.

The end!
Chinese Proverb