grand key-word

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Who Knows wrote:
harmony wrote:I don't think that's what's being referred to, Who Knows.

Right - see my 'edit' above.

However, I've never heard of the true order of prayer (or the words used) as a 'key word'. The only things referred to as key words in the temple are what I quoted above.

I'm assuming Joseph Smith didn't really know what he was talking about - well, he was still 'developing' his ceremony, so he wasn't sure how it would all play out - what the key words would be, etc.

You may very well be right that he hadn't yet created his Grandest of grand key words. There are many key words and grand key words in Masonry, and it's obvious Smith was still refining the temple ceremony and had bigger plans for temple worship which were never finalized.

KA
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Runtu wrote:[

A bad, evil girl, yes, but not plain. I'm the good kind of bad and evil. ;)

KA
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:Oh, Who Knows, read the words of Runtu's post! Oh, Who Knows, read the words of Runtu's post! Oh, Who Knows, read the words of Runtu's post!

Pe Le El,

KA

You are just plain evil, you know? ;)

She's not evil, she's naughty. ;)

Naughty is fun!
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Oh, Who Knows, read the words of Runtu's post! Oh, Who Knows, read the words of Runtu's post! Oh, Who Knows, read the words of Runtu's post!

Pe Le El,

KA

I hope you veiled your face when you wrote that young lady!
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Ok - reading the script again, i see that the 3 word phrase is a part of one of the covenants, and would thus be considered a key word. I had forgotten that. So yes, I'm quite sure that is what Joseph Smith was referring to. Sorry, I'm sloooww today.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

liz3564 wrote:She's not evil, she's naughty. ;)

Naughty is fun!

So is evil.

"Wickedness never was happiness, but it sure can be fun."
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Who Knows wrote:

Pe Le El,

KA

I hope you veiled your face when you wrote that young lady!

No, she just wore her ruby slippers and clicked her heels together 3 times, repeating "there's no place like home..."
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

We're all officially going to hell in a handbasket now. LOL

Wait! Most of us have reached God status! Never mind...

;)
_Seven
_Emeritus

Post by _Seven »

Runtu wrote:
I think the grand key word spoken of is, as Joseph Smith said, one of "supplication." The new name is a key word, but not the grand key word. Those of us who went through the temple before 1990 remember the supplication that enabled one to communicate with God through prayer.

I went through in 1998 but know what the supplication is from reading it online. Sorry if this is a stupid question but isn't the Adamic supplication 3 words? Why would Joseph refer to it as a Grand key word (singular)? The English translation is even longer.

When the LDS Royalty are given the Second annointing, is there any special key, token, or sign they receive? I was wondering if there was any connection to the grand key word and this ordinance.

Great topic-I had never heard of the Grand Key Word before.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

DonBradley wrote:Seth,

My mistake--it would have been changed in 1990.

Don

Hmmm. I never went after 1988.
What could it be?