Lost Book of Abraham DVD online, watch it here!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Lost Book of Abraham DVD online, watch it here!

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Great documentary on the Book of Abraham.

http://www.irr.org/mit/lboa-youtube.html
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Thanks for that, PP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I watched all 51 minutes)

Great viewing! My faith is shattered. All hope is gone. I feel forlorn and destitute, a man of sorrows! (Nice to see Brent Metcalfe, too. They don't lie about you, Brent, you are a hunk for the women, no doubt.)

Here is my analysis: I think Paul O is RIGHT. My opinion, thanks to PP's video, is now veering even more to Paul.

Yes, this "fraud" will eventually be vindicated. Oh, they don't have the "original text" of the Book of Mormon, so from that they "deduce" that IT must also be a fraud.

You don't get it, fiends. You have no understanding of the source of conviction.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Kick, rebel, complain, criticise Joseph Smith all you want. Make you happy? Go for it.

You just have no idea about the "source" of our "information". Including those "dumb Mormons" added to the film as an indirect form of ridicule.

Hearken unto your worldly learning - and perish with it.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

State of Denial

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Sorry Ray, you recent statements and reactions to otherwise tolerant posters here seems to indicate you are having some crisis on your life.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Kick, rebel, complain, criticise Joseph Smith all you want. Make you happy? Go for it.

Well, I for one, wasn't "happy" to find out about the information presented in this video. But I have learned to deal with it. Life throws you all sorts of unexpected curveballs. You can buck up and adjust or you can live in denial. The only people who seem to be kicking and complaining are the apologists who have the unenviable task of defending what has now become the indefensible.

Just try listening to Kerry Shirts speak. What a blathering moron.

And try listening to yourself sometimes. When you threaten the other side with damnation - simply for denying what you call the "spirit" - you are being far more belligerent than they.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Hmmm...seemed very long-winded to me. But perhaps that's because I already knew everything in it. I must say Jan Shipps didn't sound very enlightening. But who knows.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

I never take any defense for Ray serious. He is not a member.
_Ray A

Re: State of Denial

Post by _Ray A »

aussieguy55 wrote:Sorry Ray, you recent statements and reactions to otherwise tolerant posters here seems to indicate you are having some crisis on your life.

You're absolutely right. The removalist truck comes in one hour.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

dartagnan wrote:And try listening to yourself sometimes. When you threaten the other side with damnation - simply for denying what you call the "spirit" - you are being far more belligerent than they.

I see no reason to deny many things I experienced as a Mormon. And I do happen to believe that "the spirit" can guide people, and not only "the righteous". I see the obsessive attacks on Mormonism as fundamentally misguided. Even if I disagree with Kerry Shirts, I don't consider him "moronic".

Most of the name-calling and attacks on Mormonism come from this board. If you really want to get your message across, take a leaf from Dan Vogel and Brent.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Re: State of Denial

Post by _The Nehor »

aussieguy55 wrote:Sorry Ray, you recent statements and reactions to otherwise tolerant posters here seems to indicate you are having some crisis on your life.

I just spit juice out my nose reading that........you think PP is tolerant?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo