Why would someone "accomodate" the bad stuff?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

One example of the phenomenon about which I posted earlier...

Dr. Ramanchandran tells of a particular situation, where people who have a limb paralyzed do not believe they are paralyzed. They have the dianosis, they cannot feel or move their arm or leg but honestly believe they are not paralyzed. They can be shown x-rays, medical reports, etc. etc. and they do not admit to the paralysis. They use excuses for not being able to move a limb like.... "that arm is not mine," or, "I don't feel like moving my arm right now," or, "I'm not going to move it right now because you are telling me to and I do not want to do what you tell me to."

These are smart folks who are not lying in the normal sense of the word, nor are they in denial... they literally cannot believe their limb is paralyzed.

If I recall correctly, after a few weeks this phenomenon disappears due to physical changes in the brain.

Dr. Ramanchandran describes the neurology of this phenomenon through brain mapping etc. etc.

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj