Coggins7 Weighs in on Mormon Discussions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Coggins7 Weighs in on Mormon Discussions

Post by _Mister Scratch »

This is from an old ZLMB post, nearly a year ago. Quite funny, in my opinion.

Coggins7 wrote: Behold the Evil Which is momondiscussions.com

Behold the Evil Which is Mormonism!

I'm just trying to figure out why I should even discuss or debate anything with anyone who runs a message board that prominently displays venomous froth of this kind.

One might just as well put "bloodsucking Jews" or "niggers" or "popery" or "capitalist pigs" or "Masonry" or "Kulak" where the term "Mornomism" now appears and you would have an even more substantive peek through the keyhole into the heart of the kinds of people who would describe the LDS church and its people in this manner.

I'm really beginning to think it is pointless, utterly pointless, to debate people like this in any forum for any reason. It debases me to do so, and it allows individuals like this some semblance of respectability when serious LDS intellectuals or professional scholars take them seriously enough to respond to them at length.

Monondiscussions.com is a shameful and ugly sounding board for irrational, angry, impotent bigots and poseurs who would be much better served getting lives then trying to destroy an insitution that has blessed the lives of so many others.

Loran
(bolding ibid)

He now has well over 1,000 posts here, so I guess he changed his mind, eh? ; ) And my, what a mouth on this guy!
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Glad to see you posting Mister Scratch!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

How long ago did Loran write this?

Did he write it in a fit of anger about some post the really ticked him off? People frequently go overboard when they are angry.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I get to mormondiscussions via google everytime I come to this site and that "Behold the Evil...." up there is always the second thing that pops up in my search. :)
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Why do you have this one-way obsession about people changing their minds? It's one-way because it only focuses on your chief target - Mormons, or even defenders of Mormonism. Runtu was never coming back, but he's back. Did you comment about that? Beastie said she would never post on MAD again, then she became a Pundit. Brent said he was done with FAIR/MAD, yet he posted again. Kevin Graham is a turncoat, yet you've never said ONE word about this! In fact, every former LDS who posts on MAD criticising the Church is a turncoat, yet you only have kind, flattering words of praise for them.

Scratch, how one-eyed and bigoted are you?

Are you seriously a member of the Church? If you really are, then you're the greatest hypocrite who posts here.

Add-on: I note that Mercury and Porter never criticise you. That's how thorough your apostasy is.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Those comments were posted by Coggins shortly after trying this board out. Gaz made similiar comments, though not nearly as harsh. And this is noteworthy how?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ray A wrote:Why do you have this one-way obsession about people changing their minds? It's one-way because it only focuses on your chief target - Mormons, or even defenders of Mormonism. Runtu was never coming back, but he's back. Did you comment about that? Beastie said she would never post on MAD again, then she became a Pundit. Brent said he was done with FAIR/MAD, yet he posted again. Kevin Graham is a turncoat, yet you've never said ONE word about this! In fact, every former LDS who posts on MAD criticising the Church is a turncoat, yet you only have kind, flattering words of praise for them.

Scratch, how one-eyed and bigoted are you?

Are you seriously a member of the Church? If you really are, then you're the greatest hypocrite who posts here.

Add-on: I note that Mercury and Porter never criticise you. That's how thorough your apostasy is.

Hey! You forgot me! I said I'd never post on Kevin's board again and reregistered last week! That must mean something totally and universally significant!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Scratchy!

Welcome back!

:)
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

liz3564 wrote:Scratchy!

Welcome back!

:)

I thought you already said that? If you are a Scratch supporter, then you're just as big a hypocrite as he is.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Ray A wrote:Why do you have this one-way obsession about people changing their minds? It's one-way because it only focuses on your chief target - Mormons, or even defenders of Mormonism. Runtu was never coming back, but he's back. Did you comment about that? Beastie said she would never post on MAD again, then she became a Pundit. Brent said he was done with FAIR/MAD, yet he posted again. Kevin Graham is a turncoat, yet you've never said ONE word about this! In fact, every former LDS who posts on MAD criticising the Church is a turncoat, yet you only have kind, flattering words of praise for them.

None of the people you've mentioned claim to hold the keys to everlasting salvation, Ray. Nor do they rip into people who are suffering from genuine pain.