Farewell Mr. Scratch

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Coggins7 wrote:
You mean in contrast to the highly 'intellectual sense' where one speculates that immortal beings in the next life will gravitate toward one another socially rather than as they might be compelled physically or legally, and then inferred from this pure stab in the dark, that it must follow that living critics gravitate away from the church for social/spiritual reasons rather than evidential? Is this the kind of intellectual argumentation absent from Scratch's contributions?

Since no such argument exits except within your own mind (or perhaps, in the mind of some Mormon who really doesn't understand LDS doctrine and philosophy very well), you're point is quite moot, and approximately as intellectually serious as most of Scratch's reckless literary forays.

Interesting how many apostates continue to obsess about what active Mormons think about the reasons for their apostasy. Interesting how virtually all of them want to claim lofty intellectual critique as the primary influence. Nary a sinner among them.

Here you go, coggy, ol' boy. I left because I'm what you'd consider a sinner. I tell you that because of the extent to which I care what you think.

The fact is, everyone actually does leave because they're sinners. Considering it's a sin to think for yourself, to question your leaders, to become informed about the truth of Mormon history, and to write about your doubts (a.k.a. anti-mormon literature), not too many people that leave could be considered exempt from sin.

Sorry, dude. There goes another one of your prejudiced, sweeping generalizations out the window. I doubt that'll stop you from using it again, of course.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.