The Cover-Up: The after story of the Meadows Incident

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Post by _mocnarf »

gramps wrote:Book of Mormon wrote:

Better live it up now!

Now you are getting the hang of it. You can't get away from them no matter how hard you tried. I mean, if Hitler can't get away, then certainly you won't have the chance. :)

Ok, Hitler was a bit of a stooge, how about Himler? Is Himler's work been done?

On the LDS Churches geneological site is it possible to look up someone and see if their work has been done?
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

mocnarf wrote:

On the LDS Churches geneological site is it possible to look up someone and see if their work has been done?

I think so, but it is notoriously unreliable for its accuracy.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I looked on that site and was a bit confused. All of my grandparents were in their database. But sometimes they were listed twice. Also I wondered who would have put their name in.

How are names put in (positive I'm not using the correct terminology here) for the work? By work we are talking about baptism for the dead, right?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: The Cover-Up: The after story of the Meadows Incident

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Alter Idem: Why wouldn't he fully admit to all his knowledge? Why didn't he do more to help bring the perpetrators to justice? Because of the effort of a number of his enemies to try and pin the responsibility for the massacre on him.

??? I totally don't get that paragraph. Seems like a non-sequiter to me. How does A follow B?

mocnarf wrote:Ok, Hitler was a bit of a stooge, how about Himler? Is Himler's work been done?

Yes. Himmler, Goering, Goebbels, Bormann. . . they've all been done.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Is the scope of this cover-up not staggering, considering all the murderers and co-conspirators involved? Only one of the perps was ever brought to justice and that was many years after the crime.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I looked on that site and was a bit confused. All of my grandparents were in their database. But sometimes they were listed twice. Also I wondered who would have put their name in.

How are names put in (positive I'm not using the correct terminology here) for the work? By work we are talking about baptism for the dead, right?

Baptism for the dead and their temple work (read:endowments)
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I looked on that site and was a bit confused. All of my grandparents were in their database. But sometimes they were listed twice. Also I wondered who would have put their name in.

Work means:

baptism
confirmation
ordination (if male)
washing and annointing (initiatories... the best part, in my opinion)
endowment
sealing

Any member can submit family names. There are also members called who comb old records for names (I believe this is going on-line soon, if it's not there already.)
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

moksha wrote:Is the scope of this cover-up not staggering, considering all the murderers and co-conspirators involved? Only one of the perps was ever brought to justice and that was many years after the crime.

Of course, it could be that John D. Lee was the lone gunman and all the rest were snoozing on the grassy knoll. What do you think?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

moksha wrote:
moksha wrote:Is the scope of this cover-up not staggering, considering all the murderers and co-conspirators involved? Only one of the perps was ever brought to justice and that was many years after the crime.

Of course, it could be that John D. Lee was the lone gunman and all the rest were snoozing on the grassy knoll. What do you think?

Shannon Novak's (partial) forensics on the remains bore out Lee's version of events right down to the gun-butt shaped hole in a young boy's skull.

Of course that doesn't mean there weren't a few lies in his version---like the one about him not shooting anyone.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."