Congratulations DCP

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Congratulations DCP

Post by _dartagnan »

I had been posting at MAD this week, engaging in a few pleasant discussions with several posters, including Kerry Shirts, Ben McGuire and Sargon, who as I understand it, is or was a mod.

Things were going well. I made no secret about who I was. I told posters here I was posting as JasonH, and it seemed perfectly obvious that the moderators there knew I was posting as well.

But today, after watching me make his "investment" David Bokovoy, look stupid for misrepresenting me, Dan Peterson, was clearly bothered with my presence and decided he would comment. And as usual, this caused the mods to block my participation. It is the same story, just a different chapter. But here is the part where Dan plays innocent and insists he has no role in determining the moderator actions.

Was his comment relevant to the discussion? No. He just threw in this tid-bit:

Is JasonH really yet another incarnation of Kevin Graham? Funny!

To which I responded,

Yeah, I’m sure it is just hilarious to everyone here. Can’t you tell Freethinker? I mean Fritz? I mean Dan? I never pestered you every time you used a different moniker at RFM or ZLMB or at CTR forums. I never cared and I never bothered to keep track. Though I guess in this hypocrisy, you deserve to be pestered about this by someone.

Dan then tried to wriggle out of his hypocrisy with the following, probably knowing perfectly well I would not be allowed to respond to it:

I don't think it's evil or ludicrous or shameful to use a pseudonym, and I've never said otherwise. I used some pseudonyms for relatively brief periods in the past, though I don't do it any more -- and I'm told that three or four other people have used pseudonyms, too.

I've never used a pseudonym to try to sneak onto a board from which I've been banished, though.

Who said I used a pseudonym to "sneak" back in? If I had signed up as "Kevin Graham the fourth" it would have been no more obvious who I was. The mods knew who I was from the first discussion I had, and they decided to let me continue. I even had a few heated exchanges with Shirts and Enemy Ace, both of whom knew who I was almost instantly. I never denied who I was. In fact, Kerry started referring to me as "Kevin" since a couple of days ago.

But nothing moved the mods to take action until I responded to Dan's comment.

Dan, you are not fooling anyone. You have ridiculed me for using different pseudonyms on this forum and elsewhere, all the while claiming you want nothing to do with me. It isn't just in the event of getting back in a forum where I was banned that you bring up this lame complaint.

And you and I both know you repeatedly signed up at RFM using different monikers, even though they made it perfectly clear they didn't want you there. So yes, you are a hypocrite.

And CTR was the name of my forum before it became the Book of Abraham forum.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Re: Congratulations DCP

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

dartagnan wrote:If I had signed up as "Kevin Graham the fourth"

Maybe you should.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Not very becoming of a Mormon Bishop..
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Not very becoming of a Mormon Bishop..

Kevin's a bishop?
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Listening to you you would thing there is no perversion, deceit, or sin a Mormon Bishop wouldn't commit.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

dart,

You were banned?? The thread regarding Elohim and Heavenly Mother was an outstanding discussion on the part of all those who contributed substantially. Were it not for your challenge I doubt that it would have been as fruitful as it was.

Shame on you MAD!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

The Dude wrote:

Kevin's a bishop?
Nope, I was referring to the newly called Bishop Peterson!

I wonder if his superiors know about his posting habits on these boards? Would they approve?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:

Listening to you you would thing there is no perversion, deceit, or sin a Mormon Bishop wouldn't commit.
Nehor, it is not polite to talk with your mouth full.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Kevin's a bishop?
Nope, I was referring to the newly called Bishop Peterson!

I wonder if his superiors know about his posting habits on these boards? Would they approve?

Would they care?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _William Schryver »

For what it's worth, and despite the fact that I've been made a frequent and prolonged target of his ad hominem assaults in the past, I would have preferred to see the thread proceed with Kevin's participation, albeit with heightened moderation to make sure the people with tender feelings don't get their feathers ruffled. I consider it to be a very compelling topic, and Kevin is obviously familiar with the literature. In my opinion, it raises the interest level of the board when discussions like that take place. It certainly beats the threads on masturbation and the White Horse Prophecy.

Oh, well, my vote doesn't count.
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...