But I received a witness from the Holy Ghost.....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

The Nehor wrote:Porter....you are one sick puppy.

The first thought when something happens is that someone set it up to manipulate someone? How do you live with that kind of cynicism?
Nehor, you are one gullible duped puppy. No wonder you are still a Mormon.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:

The first thought when something happens is that someone set it up to manipulate someone? How do you live with that kind of cynicism?

I'm gullible because I take something at face-value unless I have reason not to?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

So believing anything is inherently ego? Seems a radical definition. Then call me an egotist.

I suspect she's using the terms in the Freudian sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

I'm gullible because I take something at face-value unless I have reason not to?
Are you selling scAmway? You would be good at it.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Nehor wrote:But I am the exception :)
Oh I see, holy_ghost@Celestial Kingdom.kolob.gov sent you an email?

LOL!!!!
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

Are you selling scAmway? You would be good at it.

No, I had a hard enough time going door to door selling a product I completely believe in.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Maxrep wrote: Additionally, lds meetings do have a strong emotional component. Testimony bearing takes place in Elders quorum, relief society, sunday school, and in fast and testimony meeting. Maybe there are just more opportunities for publicly sharing emotion with one another.

I think it's additionally telling that the church has people starve themselves for a day before everyone bears their testimony, ensuring that everyone's blood sugar is low so they are more susceptible to suggestion (especially emotional suggestion) and less likely to really be thinking clearly. I mean, how many times sitting in testimony meeting did you think, "man, I can't wait till this is over so I can get a goddamn cheeseburger" (or something along those lines)?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.