And yet one more "never disagree with the Lord's annoin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ten Bear
_Emeritus

Re: And yet one more "never disagree with the Lord's an

Post by _Ten Bear »

Scottie wrote: ........ "Well, an apostle of God said it, so it must be true!" ....... She adamantly believes that you should, under no circumstances, disagree with an apostle. They are God's servants on earth, and we have covenanted to sustain our leaders, no matter what!

How in the world do apologists think that the rank and file don't believe this? I have honestly met so many TBM's that will claim this to be fact!

Being in the church for more than forty years, that's all I ever heard too. my wife says it now. But it's a catch 22. If a TBM actually believes this to be true, then drag out the Journal of Discourses and start reading. It won't take long before you'll get, "well, sometimes they speak as a man, and not a prophet."

Then this begs the questions, how long from now till we look back and say, "Well, Hinckley, Monson and the rest were just speaking as men, and not prophets and leaders. Ya, that ole 'women should dress better' was just a product of the times" ?
"If False, it is one of the most cunning, wicked, bold, deep-laid impositions ever palmed upon the world, calculated to deceive and ruin millions… " - Orson Pratt on The Book of Mormon