One step away from banning

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Zoidberg wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
Zoidberg wrote:...only utter idiots could possibly have a problem with Mormonism.

That can't be true. Look at you!

Regards,
MG

Your sarcasm is much appreciated. Now stop throwing tomatoes and start posting substance.

He can't. Hes too busy trying to square the church with reality. He'll keep jumping through hoops burning up CPU cycles and not enough time constructing substantive posts. In other words hes only able to run around doing really bad shtick.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_mentalgymnast

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Mercury wrote:
Zoidberg wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
Zoidberg wrote:...only utter idiots could possibly have a problem with Mormonism.

Regards,
MG

Your sarcasm is much appreciated. Now stop throwing tomatoes and start posting substance.

He can't. he's too busy trying to square the church with reality. He'll keep jumping through hoops burning up CPU cycles and not enough time constructing substantive posts. In other words he's only able to run around doing really bad shtick.

I suppose that I'd listen to your value judgment if I valued your opinion more than I do. Whether or not I have something of value/interest to offer and any substance to my comments would be a judgment call I'd have to leave up to others in whom I have greater confidence in their ability to make a rational assessment of my abilities. Seems to me that I remember just yesterday having responded to a rather shallow post/reponse that you made having to to with Joseph Smith's magical world view, etc., with a fairly substantive and yet concise post. I personally think there was something of value in my response that you could have taken from it.

Your modus operandi is to shoot the messenger or resort to name calling.

Shouldn't one make efforts to square the church with reality, by the way?

Regards,
MG
_Zoidberg
_Emeritus

Post by _Zoidberg »

mentalgymnast wrote: Your modus operandi is to shoot the messenger or resort to name calling.

And yours isn't?
"reason and religion are friends and allies" - Mitt Romney
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

The Dude wrote:Absolutely does sound like her.

Of course she denied it. They deny the most obvious things on MAD (like the Mormon God having DNA. Next they'll deny God has cells, or organs, or two limbs and a head).

Anyway, that snarl sounds so much like Juliann: "There won't be any more warnings for people who want to use this board to throw tomatoes instead of substance. ~ Mods" Ha! It's her, I have no doubt.

And in case you missed it, no, I do not believe that God is the literal Father of humanity, for the reasons you have outlined again and again. What I said is that I like the concept that humans have the potential to reach a higher state of being and become like God. Of course, if we're talking about the God who sends angels with flaming swords to convince guys to sleep with teenagers, I think I'll pass.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

mentalgymnast wrote:I suppose that I'd listen to your value judgment if I valued your opinion more than I do. Whether or not I have something of value/interest to offer and any substance to my comments would be a judgment call I'd have to leave up to others in whom I have greater confidence in their ability to make a rational assessment of my abilities. Seems to me that I remember just yesterday having responded to a rather shallow post/reponse that you made having to to with Joseph Smith's magical world view, etc., with a fairly substantive and yet concise post. I personally think there was something of value in my response that you could have taken from it.

Your modus operandi is to shoot the messenger or resort to name calling

Shouldn't one make efforts to square the church with reality, by the way?

Regards,
Cognitive Dissonance

The messenger is the message. The failure on your part to understand that Mormonism borders on trite fancy is getting rather tired. THe value taken from the treasure digging information was already in my list of required reading on the subject. Y-effing-awn. It fits with a worldview where magical creatures lurk and you pay lip service to the hickish magical folkways as if it validates joseph smith somehow. Or will you now produce a passage that validates Alchemy as well? It is not uncommon in Mormonism to turn s*** into gold, so this is not that implausible I guess.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_mentalgymnast

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Zoidberg wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:

Regards,
MG

I wasn't being sarcastic. You're an intelligent fellow.

Regards,
MG
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

mentalgymnast wrote: You're an intelligent fellow.

Regards,
MG

She's not a fellow.

Priceless!
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Whenever I use a gender-neutral screen name, like "beastie", people who don't know me always assume I am male, too. The funniest thing is that even when I used a name that was female - "seven of niine" - there were some who still assumed I was male. Cdowis, up till I quit MAD for good, still assumed I was a male, despite knowing I was once "seven of niine".

I wonder why that is?
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_mentalgymnast

Post by _mentalgymnast »

barrelomonkeys wrote:

Regards,
MG

She's not a fellow.

Priceless!

Zoidberg? Sounded masculine to me at first glance. Zoidbergess would be better, don't you think? Sorry about that Zoidwhatever.

Regards,
MG
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

mentalgymnast wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:

Regards,
MG

She's not a fellow.

Priceless!

Zoidberg? Sounded masculine to me at first glance. Zoidbergess would be better, don't you think? Sorry about that Zoidwhatever.

Regards,
MG

Her avatar is representative of the female reproductive system.