Mormon Ballard and the Book of Mormon Movie

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Post by _mocnarf »

The Laban Story was only of the stories that made it much easier for the 1856 Cedar City Mormons to ignor the fact that they were murdering 140+ Men, women and children during the MMM.

My question, would be if God was all powerful, then why didn't God just cause Laban to have a heart attack?

Why did God make Nephi break a Commandment that God had given Moses? Maybe the Bible was mistranslated and instead of being "though shalt not kill" maybe it really is "though shalt not kill unless God commands you."

The instructuctions given to Nephi sound to me to be more like what the anti-christ would command.
Aim at at nothing and you're sure to hit it.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

mocnarf wrote:The Laban Story was only of the stories that made it much easier for the 1856 Cedar City Mormons to ignor the fact that they were murdering 140+ Men, women and children during the MMM.

My question, would be if God was all powerful, then why didn't God just cause Laban to have a heart attack?

Why did God make Nephi break a Commandment that God had given Moses? Maybe the Bible was mistranslated and instead of being "though shalt not kill" maybe it really is "though shalt not kill unless God commands you."

The instructuctions given to Nephi sound to me to be more like what the anti-christ would command.

Hi! It is pretty much just like the Old Testament. The Following is from 1 Samuel 15:1-3, Within the Old Testament:

1 Samuel 15:1-3: (New International Version):

1 Samuel said to Saul, "I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

I never saw the Book of Mormon movie, but oh my holy hell that clip was bad. It looked like a ward play.
"We of this Church do not rely on any man-made statement concerning the nature of Deity. Our knowledge comes directly from the personal experience of Joseph Smith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"It's wrong to criticize leaders of the Mormon Church even if the criticism is true." - Dallin H. Oaks