Charity has got your number you anti-mormons!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

liz3564 wrote:Charity is not a sock puppet.

I have had real exchanges with her. She is a real person.

She has a deluded view on things at times, but she is a very nice, harmless lady in her 60's. She actually has a Master's degree in Psychology, and has taught both on the secondary and at the college level.

I met a TBM poster from MAD the other day. He described charity by taking his hands and cupping them around his eyes to suggest tunnel vision.

I like charity. For a long time I thought both she and Serious/Hammer were exmo sock puppets, but, nope, she's a real person. I think she's a genuinely kind and caring person, but sometimes her comments come across as very judgmental and harsh. I don't think they're intended that way. I can't begrudge someone their deeply held beliefs. That I don't agree with those beliefs is beside the point.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

liz3564 wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:I don't believe that charity is genuine.

I believe she is an exmo wearing a sock puppet of an overt chapel Mormon just to scare the nevermo visitors.

Her MAAD character is as close to the average chapel mo as I have ever seen.

Who ever is wearing the sock puppet, I say bravo, as they are showing the true Mormon spirit, which is very odd.

Charity is not a sock puppet.

I have had real exchanges with her. She is a real person.

She has a deluded view on things at times, but she is a very nice, harmless lady in her 60's. She actually has a Master's degree in Psychology, and has taught both on the secondary and at the college level.

I know this is true, liz, which is why I'm also rendered so speechless by many of her (unintentionally) cruel and viscious posts. You may think that's strong language, but up until Gaz's string of horrifying pronouncements in the temple experience/suicide thread down in the telestial kingdom, charity had the dubious honor of having posted the most lacking in basic human decency post I had ever read. It was post-Katrina and was one of the "it-was-their-own-fault" style of reactions to the plight of those left homeless and destitute by the debacle. It was so hateful that it made me cry (I'm not exaggerating). It was liking looking into the abyss.

I actually posted about it in my dumbstruck daze on the first version of the Shade's board, but never went back and amplified on my reaction because I just wanted to forget it. And I've held back from mentioning it since because it seems sort of like gossiping about the defenseless. But the Gaz Series I read last night brought it all back...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:I know this is true, liz, which is why I'm also rendered so speechless by many of her (unintentionally) cruel and viscious posts. You may think that's strong language, but up until Gaz's string of horrifying pronouncements in the temple experience/suicide thread down in the telestial kingdom, charity had the dubious honor of having posted the most lacking in basic human decency post I had ever read. It was post-Katrina and was one of the "it-was-their-own-fault" style of reactions to the plight of those left homeless and destitute by the debacle. It was so hateful that it made me cry (I'm not exaggerating). It was liking looking into the abyss.

I actually posted about it in my dumbstruck daze on the first version of the Shade's board, but never went back and amplified on my reaction because I just wanted to forget it. And I've held back from mentioning it since because it seems sort of like gossiping about the defenseless. But the Gaz Series I read last night brought it all back...

That's pretty much how I feel about her. Nice lady, but she has no idea how cruel and hateful she appears. Speaking of Gaz, what happened to him?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:That's pretty much how I feel about her. Nice lady, but she has no idea how cruel and hateful she appears. Speaking of Gaz, what happened to him?

And, she really doesn't know how she comes across. When I was a regular poster on FAIR, we would PM back and forth. When I would point things out to her, she would see where I was coming from and usually retract things, and apologize. She really was clueless at times how things were coming across.

I haven't see Gaz in a while. I wonder if he has left us, too. Gazzy, where are you?

;)
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

liz3564 wrote:
Runtu wrote:That's pretty much how I feel about her. Nice lady, but she has no idea how cruel and hateful she appears. Speaking of Gaz, what happened to him?

And, she really doesn't know how she comes across. When I was a regular poster on FAIR, we would PM back and forth. When I would point things out to her, she would see where I was coming from and usually retract things, and apologize. She really was clueless at times how things were coming across.

Then she should get the heck off the boards, because right now, she's doing the church more harm than good.

And I was wondering about Gaz the other night too.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Charity is a nice lady Bond!

Maybe so....and she may have a master's degree in Psychology (who was asleep at the wheel during that screening process?) but she's still a clueless moron in my opinion.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Charity has always been kind to me. Caring, and genuine.

Never, ever, ever, ever has she judged me harshly. Ever. I've shared with her things that I consider secrets and she has kept them and still is someone that speaks to me as one that follows Christ. Without judgment.

I can only speak of my own experiences with her. I am as close to a pure and complete heathen that she'll probably ever interact with and she has always exemplified (to me) a Christian full of compassion and love.
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

I'm gonna have to agree with some others on this one Monk.

I have seen her be a perfectly nice, pleasant lady. To some.
...but I've seen the 'other side' too on occasion, just as several others have...

I'm not talking about just saying something I disagree with. I'm talking about just being flat-out nasty, without (in my mind) having any need to be...
Perhaps it's just the way she comes across. But if it is, she cerainly knows how to give a false impression...!

I can only speak of my own experiences with her. I am as close to a pure and complete heathen that she'll probably ever interact with and she has always exemplified (to me) a Christian full of compassion and love.

I'm sure with you she has been all those things...
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Charity has always been kind to me. Caring, and genuine.

Never, ever, ever, ever has she judged me harshly. Ever. I've shared with her things that I consider secrets and she has kept them and still is someone that speaks to me as one that follows Christ. Without judgment.

I'm not saying she's not a caring person, full of love and compassion....but that doesn't mean she also isn't also a clueless moron.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

RenegadeOfPhunk wrote:

I'm gonna have to agree with others on this one Monk.

I have seen her be a perfectly nice, pleasant lady. To some.
...but I've seen the 'other side' too on occasion, just as several others have...

I'm sure with you she has been all those things...

I certainly don't discount that others have experiences with her. As I've stated before I speak up when Charity is mentioned because of my own experience with her.

They speak of theirs. I can speak of mine. Different facets of the same woman.

Surely I wouldn't want everyone that ever interacted with me (at some point) to get together and compare stories. I would sincerely hope that those that had a few good stories would pipe up.