Charity has got your number you anti-mormons!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

RenegadeOfPhunk wrote:I don't agree that she's a moron (Sorry Bond).

Alright....she's a really dumb smart person.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

I still laugh about the time that charity said I was "one of the nastier critics." I mean, I work at being nasty, but somehow I'm just not up there with the big names in nastiness. Just an amateur, I guess.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Runtu wrote:I still laugh about the time that charity said I was "one of the nastier critics." I mean, I work at being nasty, but somehow I'm just not up there with the big names in nastiness. Just an amateur, I guess.

You're just a two bit hack, compared to the greats like Decker and Tryk.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Well I stereotype too. When I think of Ren, I think:

ALPHA MALE!

I think of marsupials wearing capes.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

RenegadeOfPhunk wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Charity is a nice lady Bond!

I'm gonna have to agree with some others on this one Monk.

I have seen her be a perfectly nice, pleasant lady. To some.
...but I've seen the 'other side' too on occasion, just as several others have...

I'm not talking about just saying something I disagree with. I'm talking about just being flat-out nasty, without (in my mind) having any need to be...
Perhaps it's just the way she comes across. But if it is, she cerainly knows how to give a false impression...!

I can only speak of my own experiences with her. I am as close to a pure and complete heathen that she'll probably ever interact with and she has always exemplified (to me) a Christian full of compassion and love.

I'm sure with you she has been all those things...

I think she's knowingly nasty. Perhaps she's recanted and apologized when called on it, but only because she was caught.

I believe that she has little compassion for those who do not share her world view, and has a myopic view on life.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Charity may not be a moron, but she sure writes like one. She makes Juliann look like a scholar. She makes DCP look like a professor. She makes Pahoran look like a dick... oh wait, he doesn't need her for that.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Zoidberg
_Emeritus

Post by _Zoidberg »

liz3564 wrote:Charity is not a sock puppet.

I have had real exchanges with her. She is a real person.

She has a deluded view on things at times, but she is a very nice, harmless lady in her 60's. She actually has a Master's degree in Psychology, and has taught both on the secondary and at the college level.

You can't even imagine the amount of excruciating pain I feel now that you've said that. How is it even possible? Her poor students.

She might have memorized some information, and so appears not completely brain-dead, but she just doesn't get it. From what little I've seen, she completely lacks a sense of humor and elementary ability to process anyone else's statements. How can a person like that be a professor or even a HS teacher? Or is she completely different offline?
"reason and religion are friends and allies" - Mitt Romney
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

CaliforniaKid wrote:
Runtu wrote:I still laugh about the time that charity said I was "one of the nastier critics." I mean, I work at being nasty, but somehow I'm just not up there with the big names in nastiness. Just an amateur, I guess.

You're just a two bit hack, compared to the greats like Decker and Tryk.

Oh, absolutely. I can only aspire to be as craptacular as those two are. :)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Charity is nicer to monks because monks is a never mo.

Apostates hold a special place of loathing in many LDS hearts. You see, we rejected "the truth", which is so dear and clear to them that they suspect we rejected the truth in order to serve satan. Or, more "charitably", because we were sinful or so sensitive that we left over hurt feelings.

Charity does say very cruel things to apostates and occasional other groups, but it's simply a reflection of the fact that she embraces LDS teachings more thoroughly than most internet Mormons. Traditional Mormons *do* believe that apostates are in league with satan. So when Charity makes allusion to this, as she is wont to do, it's not because she's trying to hurt someone, but because she genuinely believes this.

Every now and then she says something that actually makes sense, and it stuns me momentarily. I really don't know what to make of her. I know she bragged once about having an IQ of 150 or some such, and all I could conclude was either she had gotten her IQ off some silly online test, which seemed strange for someone with a background in psychology, or that her confirmation bias is just so strong that she sounds ridiculous when discussing topics in which her bias has kicked in.
Last edited by Tator on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Liz wrote:
I haven't see Gaz in a while. I wonder if he has left us, too. Gazzy, where are you?

;)

I was offended by a comment from an unmentionable here on the boards, and so have spent my time curled up on the couch with my teddy bears Joseph And Hyrum listening to Fergie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbBVWDtYm0

I was interspacing this with Marathon viewing of Pride and Prejudice on DVD.

I think I'm almost healed and may be back soon.

Love you all,

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato