Charity has got your number you anti-mormons!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

There's a new MAD poster named "Charity's Child". I'm not sure which side this person is on, or if he/she knows about Charity.

Somehow this name reminds me of "Rosemary's Baby".
"And yet another little spot is smoothed out of the echo chamber wall..." Bond
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

I can verify Beastie's assertion that most Mormons believe apostates to be in league with the devil.

My TBM neighbor called me when she discovered I was leaving Mormonism and told me my home was covered in a black shroud of evil and that she couldn't even bring herself to look at it! Her husband later called and said his children wouldn't be allowed to play with mine and hoped we understood that he needed to protect them from the evil influence that had overtaken our home.

The funny thing was that our neighbors were unemployed at the time and they kept getting Wal Mart gift cards for groceries and other necessities from an anonymous benefactor, whom they believed to be the ward. Well, it wasn't the ward giving them the money, it was ME! And they wouldn't even look at my home! I was upset by their behavior, and thought about not giving them money, but one of their children told my daughter at school that she missed coming to our house because when she was here she could have all the milk she wanted. I kept helping them and to this day they've no idea who did it. I'm sure they still think it was the Mormons from their ward and not the evil apostate next door.

KA
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

The Dude wrote:There's a new MAD poster named "Charity's Child". I'm not sure which side this person is on, or if he/she knows about Charity.

Dude, she really IS Charity's kid! No joke!

I read it in the introductions.

KA
_DaniteDan
_Emeritus

Post by _DaniteDan »

I think we all need a little forgiveness in this world for the things we have done, so Charity should get a little too ;)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

KimberlyAnn wrote:I can verify Beastie's assertion that most Mormons believe apostates to be in league with the devil.

Wait a sec...aren't you apostates in league with the Dark Lord? The only reason I hang out on these boards is as part of my ongoing attempts to connect and conspire with the Prince of Darkness. If you all don't have a direct line to the Devil I guess I better move on to a board for French speakers.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

If there were ever an online TBM who needed to get a life, it is Charity. I say this because she is addicted to MAD like nobody else. She posts too much, and to this day I can't say she has ever said anything of substance. She is the sideline cheerleader.

Once upon a time the FAIR mods had to place a posting cap on all members, mainly because of her. They were trying to keep her hyper-kinetic posting habits at bay.

I never really pay much attention to what she says because it is usually uninformed and socially driven. But she represents the norm at MAD. There are more and more posters like her, or becoming like her. I'm sure she is a nice lady in real life, and maybe online as well, but some people have no business engaging in debates, and she is one of them.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Gazelam wrote:listening to Fergie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbBVWDtYm0

Lol. You're a funny dude sometimes. And yes Gaz, you can hold my hand if you want to.

Holy crap! Peter Petrelli is in that video!
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Runtu wrote:
CaliforniaKid wrote:
Runtu wrote:I still laugh about the time that charity said I was "one of the nastier critics." I mean, I work at being nasty, but somehow I'm just not up there with the big names in nastiness. Just an amateur, I guess.

You're just a two bit hack, compared to the greats like Decker and Tryk.

Oh, absolutely. I can only aspire to be as craptacular as those two are. :)

I wonder how Decker and Tryk compare to our own Mercury or Beliefnet's Minister Paul?

Maybe Charity got Runtu confused with someone else.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
The Dude wrote:There's a new MAD poster named "Charity's Child". I'm not sure which side this person is on, or if he/she knows about Charity.

Dude, she really IS Charity's kid! No joke!

I read it in the introductions.

KA

Wasn't Charity's Child foretold somewhere or am I thinking of some Stephan King book?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

DaniteDan wrote:I think we all need a little forgiveness in this world for the things we have done, so Charity should get a little too ;)

I can agree with that. Which is why I've never discussed my previous reactions. I broke my embargo on charity remarks this morning though, with much trepidation I might add, because I don't want to rag on board personalities I don't really interact with. But I think about it often because as beastie pointed out, she is representative of a particular strain of traditional Mormonism: almost an ur-chapel Mormon to use Shadian terminology. Which accounts for why she might play nice with Monks, or be kind in PMs with people on personal issues, but toe a public line redolant of the 1850's Mormon Reformation.
Last edited by Ahoody on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."