Come watch the PR trainwreck at LDS.ORG

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

harmony wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
harmony wrote:With the heavy-handedness of the priesthood being what it is, I'm delighted they had a woman on there at all. And it's not Sherry Dew!

I'm glad you don't think anything the less of her simply because she has added on a few pounds. Hard to believe PP thought that was worth focusing on. You guys put up with a lot having him around here don't you?! At least he's operating from a similar set of assumptions as many others here. I guess that may be part of the reason he's considered acceptable.

Regards,
MG

Some of us try to accept everyone, MG. Our mommas taught that we're all God's children, and since God loves us all, we're supposed to do likewise. Don't confuse us with MAD. We may have our differences, and Lord knows I've been snarky at PP and Merc occasionally myself, but we're all part of this community and they deserve to be treated as well as you do, even if they don't return the favor. If MAD can accept Pahoran, we can accept Merc and PP. Heck, if Pahoran came here, we'd accept him too!
He was here for a time, that is until he got his garmies in a bunch and he went back to comfy protection of the litter box at MAAD where they are always happy cover his turds.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Come watch the PR trainwreck at LDS.ORG

mentalgymnast wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:...who would like to count the ridiculous number of times these two fools say "church of jesus christ of latter day saints"?

They're not fools.

You guys make some really lame statements at times.

Later.

Regards,
MG
God man, you are either still in the cult or are about to head back in.
_Belial

Post by _Belial »

Polygamy Porter wrote:He was here for a time, that is until he got his garmies in a bunch and he went back to comfy protection of the litter box at MAAD where they are always happy cover his turds.

Typing slurring, once again he is inebriated and easy to control. Praise Lucifer this is easy.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

mentalgymnast wrote:You guys are sounding like you'd like to keep things status quo, so that it would appear that the church marginalizes itself from the rest of the world and is unwilling to step outside of the confines of the COB . Here they're doing it, at least via the internet and major print media (big steps if you ask me), and you're simply calling it a farce/smoke and mirrors.

Give em' a chance.

Regards,
MG

I think the point some critics are trying to make is that since the church is not "true" in the Mormon sense of the word, and is in fact just a man-made and man-lead church like the other churches out there, it really doesn't matter whether they come out in the open a bit more, or appear to, or clam up, or whatever. None of that will change the underlying untruth of the church.

I don't think the church is really going to talk about anything overly controversial in any of these things. They have a story, and they're sticking to it.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Belial

Post by _Belial »

Sethbag wrote:I think the point some critics are trying to make is that since the church is not "true" in the Mormon sense of the word, and is in fact just a man-made and man-lead church like the other churches out there, it really doesn't matter whether they come out in the open a bit more, or appear to, or clam up, or whatever. None of that will change the underlying untruth of the church.

I don't think the church is really going to talk about anything overly controversial in any of these things. They have a story, and they're sticking to it.

Ahhhh.....but if they truly believe it doesn't matter why the screaming about it at the beginning of the thread?

It is obvious to me that some people who don't care spend time searching for this information.

Not that I am one to discourage digging up stories that can be turned into hateful diatribes. It's a nice pass time to harden the heart against anything good in the world.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Belial wrote:
Not that I am one to discourage digging up stories that can be turned into hateful diatribes. It's a nice pass time to harden the heart against anything good in the world.

Ahh yes, and if only there were no Gays, Feminists or so-called intellectuals we would be living in paradise, right?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_mentalgymnast

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Sethbag wrote:...it really doesn't matter whether they come out in the open a bit more, or appear to...

I think it does. The church as an entity has been reticent in the past of becoming more transparent to the outside world. To see them make moves in this direction is good. Like I said earlier, it will be interesting to see where it goes and how things evolve. Going somewhere is better than going nowhere in the public arena. Or so one would think.

Glad to see that you don't have a problem with it.

Regards,
MG
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sethbag wrote:...it really doesn't matter whether they come out in the open a bit more, or appear to...

I think it does. The church as an entity has been reticent in the past of becoming more transparent to the outside world. To see them make moves in this direction is good. Like I said earlier, it will be interesting to see where it goes and how things evolve. Going somewhere is better than going nowhere in the public arena. Or so one would think.

Glad to see that you don't have a problem with it.

Regards,
MG
So this will help you remain a member?

Look, this church is nothing more than a church. You seem to know and acknowledge this, so who cares if they are moving closer to admitting they are false?

If you know TSCC is crap then do something about it.
_Belial

Post by _Belial »

Mercury wrote:
Belial wrote:

Ahh yes, and if only there were no Gays, Feminists or so-called intellectuals we would be living in paradise, right?

I'm a demon. I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! Why would I want paradise?

I'm all for more groups that hate each other.. I want Jews and Gentiles to fight, gays and straights to fight, the smart and the dumb to fight, feminists against whoever they fight, the Klinon-Speakers and the Elvish-Speakers to fight, etc.

I can see based on your tone that you hate me....this is good and should be cultivated.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Belial wrote:
Mercury wrote:
Belial wrote:

I'm a demon. I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! Why would I want paradise?

I'm all for more groups that hate each other.. I want Jews and Gentiles to fight, gays and straights to fight, the smart and the dumb to fight, feminists against whoever they fight, the Klinon-Speakers and the Elvish-Speakers to fight, etc.

I can see based on your tone that you hate me....this is good and should be cultivated.
Coggins, how long will you keep this sock puppet on your hand?