Are garments bullet proof? Watch and decide

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_AmazingDisgrace
_Emeritus

Post by _AmazingDisgrace »

SatanWasSetUp wrote:A story? You make it sound like there is only one out there. LOL. The better question is have you ever met a Mormon woman who doesn't have a story about being protected by her garments?

That's interesting. I've heard an awful lot of legends about men being protected by garments, but never any about women. I was curious whether that was an effect of sexism in the church, but it sounds like there must be plenty of those stories in circulation, so I guess not.

On another note, it seems appropriate, in its own sick way, that a god who considers a baptism to be invalid if some hair doesn't go all the way underwater, or an eternal sealing not to count if some words are wrong - that He would allow a woman to suffer battery acid burns on her lower legs, but begin His miraculous protection above her garment lines.
"Every post you can hitch your faith on is a pie in the sky, chock full of lies, a tool we devise to make sinking stones fly"
The Shins - A Comet Appears
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Runtu wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like things like this. As much as I disagree with Mormonism, it's not good to ridicule people's beliefs and things that are meaningful to them. I know, it was meant as a joke, but I can't imagine anyone laughing if someone were shooting at a menorah.
What if those folks had great and wondrous tales of how the Menorah stopped fires, injury, and bullets?
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Runtu wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like things like this. As much as I disagree with Mormonism, it's not good to ridicule people's beliefs and things that are meaningful to them. I know, it was meant as a joke, but I can't imagine anyone laughing if someone were shooting at a menorah.
What if those folks had great and wondrous tales of how the Menorah stopped fires, injury, and bullets?

I dunno. I like good old fashioned satire, and Mormonism is certainly great fodder for satire, but this just smacks of mean-spirited mocking.

I know, I should lighten up. Whatever.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Runtu wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

I dunno. I like good old fashioned satire, and Mormonism is certainly great fodder for satire, but this just smacks of mean-spirited mocking.

I know, I should lighten up. Whatever.
Hey, great idea.

Put the garmies on a mannequin and give them the Marriott test with a blow torch!
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Hey, great idea.

Put the garmies on a mannequin and give them the Marriott test with a blow torch!

Now that was funny. I remember cringing when Willard went on 60 Minutes with that nonsense.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Runtu wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Hey, great idea.

Now that was funny. I remember cringing when Willard went on 60 Minutes with that nonsense.
Here you go, ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am_0zKH9WSA