Are garments bullet proof? Watch and decide

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Are garments bullet proof? Watch and decide

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEcxXBNyTY

A shotgun would have been better.
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

It looks like a camera break at 0:19 after the shots were fired and before the garments were examined. It could be a fake. Whoever made this video shot up real garments, which of course deflected the bullets, then they stopped the camera, and put some plain fruit -of-the-loom underwear with holes in them on the ground to make it look like the garments got shot up. Those tricky anti-mormons.
"We of this Church do not rely on any man-made statement concerning the nature of Deity. Our knowledge comes directly from the personal experience of Joseph Smith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"It's wrong to criticize leaders of the Mormon Church even if the criticism is true." - Dallin H. Oaks
_AmazingDisgrace
_Emeritus

Post by _AmazingDisgrace »

Silly people. Don't they know that garments only offer physical protection when worn by a covenant-keeping *priesthood holder? And if an otherwise worthy garment wearer were to "test the Lord" in this way, that obviously wouldn't work either. God doesn't like being **tested.

*Have you ever heard a story of a woman being protected by her garments?

**This, of course, excludes all the times in the Old Testament where He was perfectly ok with being tested.
"Every post you can hitch your faith on is a pie in the sky, chock full of lies, a tool we devise to make sinking stones fly"
The Shins - A Comet Appears
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

AmazingDisgrace wrote:*Have you ever heard a story of a woman being protected by her garments?

Yes, my co-workers mother was in a car accident and the battery acid burned her legs, but stopped at the garments.
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

AmazingDisgrace wrote:*Have you ever heard a story of a woman being protected by her garments?

A story? You make it sound like there is only one out there. LOL. The better question is have you ever met a Mormon woman who doesn't have a story about being protected by her garments?
"We of this Church do not rely on any man-made statement concerning the nature of Deity. Our knowledge comes directly from the personal experience of Joseph Smith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"It's wrong to criticize leaders of the Mormon Church even if the criticism is true." - Dallin H. Oaks
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

SatanWasSetUp wrote:

A story? You make it sound like there is only one out there. LOL. The better question is have you ever met a Mormon woman who doesn't have a story about being protected by her garments?

You know what I find so humorous about these stories is that they don't require the least shred of evidence for them to be 100% true in the TBM mind, but try and tell them that Joseph Smith slept with 30+ wives and you need a confession signed by Joseph Smith's own blood for it to even be plausible.
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Thinking »

Scottie wrote:
SatanWasSetUp wrote:

You know what I find so humorous about these stories is that they don't require the least shred of evidence for them to be 100% true in the TBM mind, but try and tell them that Joseph Smith slept with 30+ wives and you need a confession signed by Joseph Smith's own blood for it to even be plausible.

Very good point!! Hahaha

So true!!
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Thinking »

As can be seen, there is many bullet holes in the magical garments. This myth has been busted

He should have said there are, not there is.

Therefore the church is true.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: Are garments bullet proof? Watch and decide

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Polygamy Porter wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEcxXBNyTY

A shotgun would have been better.

Why would one expect them to be since nobody ever claimed they were. Duh!
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like things like this. As much as I disagree with Mormonism, it's not good to ridicule people's beliefs and things that are meaningful to them. I know, it was meant as a joke, but I can't imagine anyone laughing if someone were shooting at a menorah.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington