Elder Cook answers press on why another white utahn apostle

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Elder Cook answers press on why another white utahn apostle

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Click on the video tab on this PR video from LDS Inc

Who would have guessed this would be right in front of the Jesus billboard in the visitors center?

There were a few good questions from the non Mormon press which they did not answer but just put on a tap and clog duet.

About 2/3 through the silly press conference, a reporter from the Trib(Jessica Ravvits?) asked why another white utahn was call to be in this top leadership position of this supposed global church.

Cook slipped off the clogs and put on some ballet slippers for this one.

Instead of just leaving the first answer of(exact words) "Well aahhh we accept president hinckley as a prophet and these come from the lord.." he goes on to attempt to give himself credibility by bragging about how he spent a lot of time with non white people over his life.. he was a stake pres in San Francisco which happened to have two Spanish branches!, a Tongan unit!, a Samoian unit!, blah blah blah I might be white, but I love the non white members!

Why did he feel the need to do this? Again, if Hinck is on the phone with Elohim and Elohim said so, then why the prolonged explanation?

You gotta watch Eyring standing behind Cook as he answers that question... almost like he hung on every word ready to push Cook out of the way to clean up any PR mess...
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

I found the tutorial on revelation quite revealing. Not divine revelation as they have portrayed it earlier in the conference and in the past descriptions. Sorry but it sounded like a simple executive board meeting of most any major corporation to to me. I was surprised to learn that those type of meetings in the outside real world don't have any disagreements ???? But divine board meetings do ???? I think that part of the press conference was the bigger PR nightmare, the white Utah issue is old news and is going to stay that way, this was a new twist at least for me. I found nothing divine in it no matter how they painted it.

I really and truly hope that the church continues with these press conferences. I do welcome the move toward more openness but it is very controlled. I think they were asked a couple of borderline tough questions. I wish I could ask some of mine, then I would call that true openness, if they would answer the questions.

I also think that if they continue with this, they will get tougher questions, even from the press. I predict this will not continue on a regular basis unless they can put more control on it.
I think it would be morally right to lie about your religion to edit the article favorably.
bcspace
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Pokatator wrote:I found the tutorial on revelation quite revealing. Not divine revelation as they have portrayed it earlier in the conference and in the past descriptions. Sorry but it sounded like a simple executive board meeting of most any major corporation to to me. I was surprised to learn that those type of meetings in the outside real world don't have any disagreements ???? But divine board meetings do ???? I think that part of the press conference was the bigger PR nightmare, the white Utah issue is old news and is going to stay that way, this was a new twist at least for me. I found nothing divine in it no matter how they painted it.

I really and truly hope that the church continues with these press conferences. I do welcome the move toward more openness but it is very controlled. I think they were asked a couple of borderline tough questions. I wish I could ask some of mine, then I would call that true openness, if they would answer the questions.

I also think that if they continue with this, they will get tougher questions, even from the press. I predict this will not continue on a regular basis unless they can put more control on it.

That's what I'm starting to see is that they need people that can do the management: Running the Church could just be like running a corporation. This is the board of directors. They have their own training program such as being President of a Church run school, like Elder Holland or Elder Bednar or if you did something in the world that stands out you may get the nod.
I want to fly!