New Here --Suspended from MAD for Arguing with DCP- Question

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

beastie wrote:
QUOTE(Hammer @ Oct 11 2007, 09:12 AM)
You must give us proof that you can't find buried treasure from looking into a hat.

OMG!! I may have a new sig line!!!

But first, what thread was this in?

Yes and it is a beauty!!

I would like to introduce the Hammer to James Randi. If anyone gets bored sometime go to youtube and do a search of James Randi's stuff. Highly entertaining and least for me it is.
I think it would be morally right to lie about your religion to edit the article favorably.
bcspace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Blixa wrote:I trump you all. I'm a tenured Professor of English and I say who the f___ cares? This is a message board, not a term paper. Thank God.

Love it, Blixa!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I would like everyone to assume that I always use poetic license when I write. :)

I think everything about you is ..... poetic.
I think it would be morally right to lie about your religion to edit the article favorably.
bcspace
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

moksha wrote:Which is correct: 'a person was laid on the table' or 'a person was lain on the table'?

I'm confused to a much higher level, did someone have sex on a table?
bcspace
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Here, I found the thread:

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... 818&st=160

I even started a separate thread devoted to this topic, in honor of Hammer and DCP, who have apparently finally recognized the implications of their belief. They must believe you can see buried treasures in hats.

I know there isn't much to say on the subject, other than: Oh My God.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

rcrocket wrote: Oh great; another spiritually dead apostate condemned to burn in hell.
F*** you and the curelom you rode in on.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Pokatator wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I would like everyone to assume that I always use poetic license when I write. :)

I think everything about you is ..... poetic.

Thank you.

:)
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:I trump you all. I'm a tenured Professor of English and I say who the f___ cares? This is a message board, not a term paper. Thank God.

This type of attitude will not reflect well on your next report call.

I’m going to need to meet with your parents.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

thestyleguy wrote:I loved the post from lifeonaplate on MA&D asking for responses on certain questions and later posting on another thread that the responses never really came. LOL, that's because those who would likely respond were banned. If I recall correctly, you have Wade seeking to foster dialogue between critics and the MA&D people. I thought to myself. Would he go over to China and say I want people that believe in democracy to come out in the streets and talk about it.

Yet...people have come out to talk with me in that "street", and as a result, I have developed some new friendships.

Most people that want dialogue there end up in some form of re-education camp or are watched like a hawk. I wonder why anyone who seeks truth, goodness and beauty in life would go to that camp.

Could it be that some people see truth, goodness, and beauty where you don't?

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:

This type of attitude will not reflect well on your next report call.

I’m going to need to meet with your parents.

Nobody expects the Steussite Inquisition...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."