Marie "dances" while her son goes into rehab

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Runtu wrote:Do you guys ever get tired of this?
It's too easy with Jersey Girl. She is so predictable. OK I will stop picking on her.

Don't you realize that every minute you spend picking on Jersey Girl is a minute you could have spent destroying someone's faith in Mormonism? Come on, man, get your priorities straight!
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Runtu wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
Runtu wrote:Do you guys ever get tired of this?
It's too easy with Jersey Girl. She is so predictable. OK I will stop picking on her.

Don't you realize that every minute you spend picking on Jersey Girl is a minute you could have spent destroying someone's faith in Mormonism? Come on, man, get your priorities straight!
True. I should fill out a referral form at Mormon.org for my self and get some fresh meat at my door!
_charity
_Emeritus

Post by _charity »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
I should fill out a referral form at Mormon.org for my self and get some fresh meat at my door!

Go for the bunnies, poly. You like the easy target. Like a bully in a schoolyard.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Watching Porter and Jersey Girl go at it is like watching "Who's on First?"

:P

Jersey Girl gets all the best lines though. Too bad LoaP tuckered out and went to bed. It was like Kukla, Fran and Ollie.

Jeez, I bet Blixa remembers this....
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

charity wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
I should fill out a referral form at Mormon.org for my self and get some fresh meat at my door!

Go for the bunnies, poly. You like the easy target. Like a bully in a schoolyard.

Heh. I think most missionaries are easier targets than bunnies. Metaphorically speaking.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Runtu wrote:
charity wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

Heh. I think most missionaries are easier targets than bunnies. Metaphorically speaking.
Missionaries are sooo chapel that they even smell like new chapel cushion upholstery.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

moksha wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Watching Porter and Jersey Girl go at it is like watching "Who's on First?"

Jersey Girl gets all the best lines though. Too bad LoaP tuckered out and went to bed. It was like Kukla, Fran and Ollie.

Heck, even I remember Kukla, Fran, and Ollie.
Runtu's Rincón

_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Runtu wrote:
moksha wrote:

Heck, even I remember Kukla, Fran, and Ollie.

Sheriff John and Hobo Kelly were the best!
I want to fly!
_the road to hana
_Emeritus

Post by _the road to hana »

It was clear watching the show that Marie was blindsighted by Larry's announcement that her son was in rehab. In a week already tough for her, that made it tougher. The relationship between Osmonds and Larry King is almost incestuous as it is, since Shawn Southwick King, Larry's wife, is a close friend of Marie's.

The transcript of last night's Larry King Live with the Osmonds is online at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... kl.01.html

Personally watching it I had nothing but compassion for someone who's already buried a father this week, had a difficult and demanding schedule otherwise, and had the added burden of having to put a child in rehab, and then talk about it on national TV.

For me, the more interesting and telling part of the interview came at the end, when the Osmonds present (Jimmy, Jay, Wayne, Alan, Merrill, Donny and Marie) were all asked about Mitt Romney and his presidential aspirations as a Mormon. For apologists and wannabe apologists, an aha moment came when Donny said this in defending Mormonism as Christian:

Donny Osmond wrote: Back in the Nicene Creed, when churches and the religion were established, I think it was like in 900 A.D. or something like that, they determined what the Bible says.

For someone who regularly "defends the faith" on his personal website, that's an interesting "oops." I double-checked the transcript this morning to be certain I'd heard him correctly.

Sure enough.
The road is beautiful, treacherous, and full of twists and turns.
_LifeOnaPlate
_Emeritus

Post by _LifeOnaPlate »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
LifeOnaPlate wrote:It's disgusting when people find joy in the misery, failure, or shortcomings of others. I think we have some good examples of that in this thread. Nicely done.

I wonder where I see talk of people that sin and scorn for them and their devilish ways? hmm.... would that perhaps be seen from some Saints?

Oh, take the beam out of your eye.

Woop, I almost feel like a Christian. I think I just quoted something almost close to scripture. :D

Some saints are fully aware of their beam. And that doesn't stop them from being fully aware of the lumber yard other people are dealing with.
One moment in annihilation's waste,
one moment, of the well of life to taste-
The stars are setting and the caravan
starts for the dawn of nothing; Oh, make haste!

-Omar Khayaam

*Be on the lookout for the forthcoming album from Jiminy Finn and the Moneydiggers.*