We have a winner

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Erm What?? It is church doctrine that a person will NOT recieve revelation for anyone else.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:
The Nehor wrote:Just because the Church (and the world) is not ready for a revelation does not mean that God won't share them with others.
There's nothing like a little personal revelation to make a girl feel special, eh?
It's not about feeling special, it's a requirement. Without revelation you cannot be saved.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Erm What?? It is church doctrine that a person will NOT recieve revelation for anyone else.
Yes, but you can get revelation for yourself. You can even get revelation no one else has. However as Alma and Joseph Smith taught, you share only that which God wishes revealed to all.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

Post by _Abinadi's Fire »

The Nehor wrote:
Abinadi's Fire wrote:It's not about feeling special, it's a requirement. Without revelation you cannot be saved.
Saved from what, death? According to LDS theology, all will be resurrected and saved in that sense.

So the "feeling special" is in the "revelation" that you maybe, just maybe, if you are a good girl and do what you're told, will be "exalted," and get to be a perpetual birthing machine.

Yippee.

I can't believe you don't see what he was doing.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Nehor go back and look very closely to what you have said and then think, why would I [pirate washer] write such a thing?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

barrelomonkeys wrote:OMG! Usually I just dismiss Hammer. He just called me "sweety" on MAD and I'm pissed off. It really irritates me. Ack!

*deep breaths*

*deep breaths*

Whew. He finally pushed a button of mine. Bravo for him. Ack!
How dare he use such language with you!

Did he say where this face-to-face meeting took place? I hope it was not in the men's room at BYU. They have rules about that sort of thing.
by the way, how would the telling of such a meeting be received by Church Authorities?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Re: We have a winner

Post by _Coggins7 »

christopher wrote:For those wondering about the future of the LDS church, it's member base or it's apologetics (or even the need to delve into topics with some people).....we have a winner from the old FAIR board in a poster named Hammer.

Asked the question by:

LifeOnaPlate @ Nov 26 2007, 10:39 PM) *
You spoke face to face with Joseph Smith?
Answer by Hammer"
Sorry I really didn't mean to just blurt something this sacred to me out like 'stuff' you know. But I hate it when others think they had what I have and then just threw it away. I could never do that, coming from where I am.

And yes I have.
The guy thinks he spoke face to face with Joseph Smith.

Just WOW...........

Chris <><
This...THIS...THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is precisely why the Lord Jesus Christ counseled his disciples not to cast pearls before swine, and why the Temple ceremonies are secret and closed both to non-members and members not willing to abide the standards of the Gospel.

Thank you for a beautiful "exhibit 'a'" of the principle.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Nehor go back and look very closely to what you have said and then think, why would I [pirate washer] write such a thing?
You're drunk? ;)
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:Saved from what, death? According to LDS theology, all will be resurrected and saved in that sense.

So the "feeling special" is in the "revelation" that you maybe, just maybe, if you are a good girl and do what you're told, will be "exalted," and get to be a perpetual birthing machine.

Yippee.

I can't believe you don't see what he was doing.
Who? God?

I meant exalted. It requires revelation. If you're worried about being a perpetual birthing machine (a concept invented by anti's in regards to something the LDS admit they know next to nothing about) then don't get exalted. Problem solved. You don't need revelation then.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Nehor go back and look very closely to what you have said and then think, why would I [pirate washer] write such a thing?
Mental derangement?
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson