We have a winner

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

perpetual birthing machine.
Sounds good to me, and Muslims only get 72 of em'.
Last edited by Dr. Sunstoned on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: We have a winner

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Coggins7 wrote:This...THIS...THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is precisely why the Lord Jesus Christ counseled his disciples not to cast pearls before swine, and why the Temple ceremonies are secret and closed both to non-members and members not willing to abide the standards of the Gospel.
Okay, Loran, in all seriousness, and with no "swine" intent:

Do you, Coggins7, believe that Hammer spoke with Joseph Smith face-to-face?

A simple yes or no will do. I promise I will not mock your response if you say "yes."
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Okay, Loran, in all seriousness, and with no "swine" intent:

Do you, Coggins7, believe that Hammer spoke with Joseph Smith face-to-face?

A simple yes or no will do. I promise I will not mock your response if you say "yes."
I don't know, and neither do you. However, if he did, and he may have, the response to the claim in the OP was a prime example of the principle I mentioned.

I'm sure he won't make the same mistake again.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

In a case like this you have to apply the "What is its purpose test".

The question is "Why would Joseph Smith need to make a personal appearance to Hammer?"

What vital piece of information did Hammer need that an angel akin to Gabriel or Raphael would need to personally appear and deliver?

Sounds very fishy to me.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Gazelam wrote:In a case like this you have to apply the "What is its purpose test".

The question is "Why would Joseph Smith need to make a personal appearance to Hammer ?"

What vital piece of information did Hammer need that an angel akin to Gabriel or Raphael would need to personally appear and deliver?

Sounds very fishy to me.
I don't know. Why couldn't God have just struck Laman and Lemuel instead of sending an angel? I don't know. There could be dozens of reasons to send an angel to Hammer. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess his wife is pregnant with the next Sampson.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

What's wrong with Hammer meeting Joseph Smith face to face? He's TBM right? This is normal thinking in TBM land. Every ward I've been in Hammer's story would be considered completely normal, especially if it happened in the temple. In fact, those members who admitted to never having "sacred" experiences like Hammer's were the weird ones.
"We of this Church do not rely on any man-made statement concerning the nature of Deity. Our knowledge comes directly from the personal experience of Joseph Smith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"It's wrong to criticize leaders of the Mormon Church even if the criticism is true." - Dallin H. Oaks
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Post by _Yong Xi »

The Nehor wrote:
Gazelam wrote:In a case like this you have to apply the "What is its purpose test".

The question is "Why would Joseph Smith need to make a personal appearance to Hammer?"

Sounds very fishy to me.
I don't know. Why couldn't God have just struck Laman and Lemuel instead of sending an angel? I don't know. There could be dozens of reasons to send an angel to Hammer. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess his wife is pregnant with the next Sampson.
And you're blaming Joseph Smith?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

May to mellow out and knock off those Insults for the Lord?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

The Nehor wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:Nehor go back and look very closely to what you have said and then think, why would I [pirate washer] write such a thing?
You're drunk? ;)
I am not drunk Nehor.

I think you are looking for a fight because several times you have made assumptions about myself.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Coggins7 wrote:
Nehor go back and look very closely to what you have said and then think, why would I [pirate washer] write such a thing?
Mental derangement?
Once again Coggins.... I think you might be the one with mental derangement... I was talking to Nehor. Or is that too complicated to understand?

Comprendi??