A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

Post by Kishkumen »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:13 pm
Yup, hit my head and fell behind me. I have videos and pictures in like a chronological library in my mind. Just pull them out. One of my earliest memories, I was crawling, had a cot in my room and remember playing with the carpet fibres (was like twisted long folded carpet pile? Like no cut edges visible if that makes sense), I'd untwist and retwist them. Can see the colours in the carpet and feel how they felt. Remember when I was 3, the day my mum came home from hospital when she had a collapsed lung. Was sitting next to my dad in my room and he was showing me how to draw spirals on a crossword puzzle magazine. I was trying to copy them. Then he left my room. Then I realised I was alone and tried to leave my room but I couldn't open the door and I screamed for ages and it felt like no one was coming. Eventually someone came. I also remember seeing my mum's lung strengthening thing with the coloured balls in that she was to blow into. Was made aware later in life that that day when I was locked in my room my dad was apparently making my mum do stuff with him when she was very unwell. Probably shouldn't have been told that but never the less...

Remember the first time I noticed darkness at night. That scared the wits out of me. It must have been after summer and when the dark nights came in and for some reason I was awake. I was younger than 4. Not sure exactly. I thought the sun stopped working and thought it was never going to be light again. No one was able to reassure me of these things because I never told them. I just lay in bed terrified and confused lol.
I am envious of that kind of recall. I only have little bits. My memory is actually quite terrible, and that has been quite a limiting factor in my life.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:30 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:13 pm
Yup, hit my head and fell behind me. I have videos and pictures in like a chronological library in my mind. Just pull them out. One of my earliest memories, I was crawling, had a cot in my room and remember playing with the carpet fibres (was like twisted long folded carpet pile? Like no cut edges visible if that makes sense), I'd untwist and retwist them. Can see the colours in the carpet and feel how they felt. Remember when I was 3, the day my mum came home from hospital when she had a collapsed lung. Was sitting next to my dad in my room and he was showing me how to draw spirals on a crossword puzzle magazine. I was trying to copy them. Then he left my room. Then I realised I was alone and tried to leave my room but I couldn't open the door and I screamed for ages and it felt like no one was coming. Eventually someone came. I also remember seeing my mum's lung strengthening thing with the coloured balls in that she was to blow into. Was made aware later in life that that day when I was locked in my room my dad was apparently making my mum do stuff with him when she was very unwell. Probably shouldn't have been told that but never the less...

Remember the first time I noticed darkness at night. That scared the wits out of me. It must have been after summer and when the dark nights came in and for some reason I was awake. I was younger than 4. Not sure exactly. I thought the sun stopped working and thought it was never going to be light again. No one was able to reassure me of these things because I never told them. I just lay in bed terrified and confused lol.
I am envious of that kind of recall. I only have little bits. My memory is actually quite terrible, and that has been quite a limiting factor in my life.
Awww. My short term memory isn't so good. I forget appointments. Forget plans. Sometimes forget what people have just asked me. I'm not sure if the memory recall is actually a trauma response. I am able to create images and manipulate and move them in my mind. If I need to deep clean and want to rearrange furniture I do it mentally first. I move the furniture with my mind to see if it will fit and how it will look and feel. Or if I'm decorating I visualise it in my mind with every little detail. If I'm going somewhere I visualise the journey, the things that might go wrong, how I could respond. It's actually kind of exhausting.

Have you had your memory assessed? Do you feel it might help to get checked if it is limiting your life?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Had a thumb on each of the silver parts of the fuse and pushed into the socket that was turned on. The fuse pushes out when trying to plug it in because the fuse is attached to the live pin.