A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

[This thread is being posted here so everyone will have a chance to see it. It will be moved to the Off-Topic Forum in a day or so.]

TO EVERYONE:

Folks, I just took a gander at Imwashingmypirate's weblog, which is here. HOLY COW, that thing is PURE GOLD!! That thing is JAM-PACKED with unintentional humor! (Sorry, Imwashingmypirate, but it's true).

Oh my freaking goodness, her weblog is an absolute MUST READ, and NO, I am NOT being sarcastic! Run--don't walk, RUN--over to her weblog and dig in! I've been sitting here almost dying from laughter.

IMWASHINGMYPIRATE:

I've been a bit terse with you in the past, and I fully apologize for that. I TAKE EVERYTHING BACK. Your weblog is, quite literally, a work of art. I hope you're not offended by my finding humor in it; please don't hold it against me. Although I may not have known what to think of you beforehand, I'm now HAPPY AS A CLAM that you kindly joined our little online community. Thanks to your weblog, you'll always be A-O.K. in my book.

ENJOY!
Last edited by Alexa [Bot] on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Jeez. You made me laugh. Thanks anyway.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Post by _Yong Xi »

Holy Cow! She reminds me of a less cynical, kinder, trusting version of Holden Caulfield.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

You're right Shades.....thank you. I have to wonder if he/she/it is real or whether this is someone having fun.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:You're right Shades.....thank you. I have to wonder if he/she/it is real or whether this is someone having fun.
Im a she. I am just me. I do what I do. I cannot explain it but people find me different. I just write what I think.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Yong Xi wrote:Holy Cow! She reminds me of a less cynical, kinder, trusting version of Holden Caulfield.
Who is Holden Caulfield?
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

by the way

Holy Cow means a bad thing in SLand. In England it is like America, but in Sland a Cow is a woman who might be classed as one or all of the following:

A prostitute (I once said I was a prostitute instead of a protestant and got told off. I didn't know what it meant. That was before I was a Mormon so I was younger than 7)

Slapper, slag, slut, tart, and so forth.

So when you call a scotch woman a cow.... expect some trouble. They don't take it too kindly.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Re: by the way

Post by _asbestosman »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Holy Cow means a bad thing in SLand. In England it is like America, but in Sland a Cow is a woman who might be classed as one or all of the following:
[. . . ]
So when you call a scotch woman a cow.... expect some trouble. They don't take it too kindly.
I wonder what SLand thinks of Johnny Lingo? Can you imagine telling a girl that she's an eight cow woman?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

HAAA LOL. That is funny. Just call her a cow and her bloke will be after you. If not her.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Who is Holden Caulfield?
The main character in J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye.