A MUST-READ WEBLOG!! PURE GOLD!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Gadianton wrote:Gee Nehor,

That's an awful high level of skepticism toward someone who's not even taking 10 percent of your income.
LOL ; D
Just punched myself on the face...
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

That's an awful high level of skepticism toward someone who's not even taking 10 percent of your income.
LOL!!! Excellent point, Gad. Nehor is, after all, one of the main ones who insists that criticism of the SCMC and the like is just "silly paranoia." Which seems more reasonable: being suspicious of a secretive, very wealthy organization that spies on people and collects 10%+ of their income, or worry about whether an MDB poster is legitimately Scottish?
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

It was a thought experiment for me. I was trying to see what this kind of rabid scepticism is like. It's kind of intoxicating in a twisted way.

I see why some people on both sides of this strange pointless little war use it so often.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Just don't go any deeper than you have with me because I though I enjoy maths very much so, I do not know everything....Yet. I Know a little on topology and topological space. By enjoying complex maths, I mean the subject. Well I suppose it depends on what you are talking about.
I'm not trying to ruin maths for you. I wish more people would love maths too. My problem with maths is that although I often understand if fairly well, I'm not very good at explaining it or keeping it interesting for other people. I don't expect you to understand everything. You seem to know some things I didn't know at your age. I hadn't heard about Klein bottles until I was probably 22 (I'm 29). Much of my understanding of topology comes from me checking out books from the library or from doing online searches including wikipedia and wolfram's site.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:

It was a thought experiment for me. I was trying to see what this kind of rabid scepticism is like. It's kind of intoxicating in a twisted way.

I see why some people on both sides of this strange pointless little war use it so often.
I am glad you thought you would use me as your lab rat. NOT!!!
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:Just don't go any deeper than you have with me because I though I enjoy maths very much so, I do not know everything....Yet. I Know a little on topology and topological space. By enjoying complex maths, I mean the subject. Well I suppose it depends on what you are talking about.
I'm not trying to ruin maths for you. I wish more people would love maths too. My problem with maths is that although I often understand if fairly well, I'm not very good at explaining it or keeping it interesting for other people. I don't expect you to understand everything. You seem to know some things I didn't know at your age. I hadn't heard about Klein bottles until I was probably 22 (I'm 29). Much of my understanding of topology comes from me checking out books from the library or from doing online searches including wikipedia and wolfram's site.
You are not ruining maths. I love maths. I love Physics. On the dimensions page, you are just giving me too much to think about at once. Also some of the things you are bringing up have a small amount of reference to the OP and so the thread is kinda evolving, which is good, but it is evolving too fast. It has gone from an idea on dimensions to topology etc and I just thought I would try and bring things together by talking about mobius strip. It is kinda a mid-way point, I guess. But I will get back to you on the original few posts. I have been in the library today doing lab work and so have been busy. I also had to get some sleep because I had been awake all night.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
The Nehor wrote:It was a thought experiment for me. I was trying to see what this kind of rabid scepticism is like. It's kind of intoxicating in a twisted way.

I am glad you thought you would use me as your lab rat. NOT!!!
Not that it's any consolation I'm sure, but The Nehor is an equal opportunity offender. He uses us all as his lab rats.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Nehor wrote:I see why some people on both sides of this strange pointless little war use it so often.
And what war are you referring to?
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

liz3564 wrote:
Nehor wrote:I see why some people on both sides of this strange pointless little war use it so often.
And what war are you referring to?
Apologists vs. Critics
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

Post by _Abinadi's Fire »

When everyone really is out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking, right Nehor?