Why I no longer trust DCP

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Mister Scratch wrote:Look. Trevor. I'm not really all that interested in fighting with you about this, but come on: How useful is it to show up on threads in order to gripe about them? In all honesty, this has to be one of the very few things that irritates me in terms of poster behavior.

Sorry it irritates you so much, Scratch. It irritates me to see people preying on the mentally disturbed for sport. But, then again, it probably cuts close to the core because I have a hard time refraining myself.

Mister Scratch wrote:Hey, right back atcha Professor T. How about we shake hands: I'll agree to be less mean, and you can agree to be less of a whiner? (Or maybe I should say, "Board Nanny", since I'm so much like juliann?)

Go ahead and be mean all you like. I have to face the fact that I can be a total jackass too. I have a different style, obviously, but I shouldn't pontificate to you when I can be just as big a jerk as you or anyone else. I have no idea what possessed me to take you to task on this. Maybe wishful thinking that I had the moral high ground.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Trevor wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:Look. Trevor. I'm not really all that interested in fighting with you about this, but come on: How useful is it to show up on threads in order to gripe about them? In all honesty, this has to be one of the very few things that irritates me in terms of poster behavior.

Sorry it irritates you so much, Scratch. It irritates me to see people preying on the mentally disturbed for sport. But, then again, it probably cuts close to the core because I have a hard time refraining myself.

Lol. Touche.

Mister Scratch wrote:Hey, right back atcha Professor T. How about we shake hands: I'll agree to be less mean, and you can agree to be less of a whiner? (Or maybe I should say, "Board Nanny", since I'm so much like juliann?)

Go ahead and be mean all you like. I have to face the fact that I can be a total jackass too. I have a different style, obviously, but I shouldn't pontificate to you when I can be just as big a jerk as you or anyone else. I have no idea what possessed me to take you to task on this. Maybe wishful thinking that I had the moral high ground.
[/quote]

No, no. You do have the moral high ground, of course.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Trevor wrote:

You are a jackass, for conceding to Scratch. A bit "convoluted", are you? And not only that, you're a flip-flopper, but as long as you flip-flop to Scratch's side - he will blow sunshine any jackasses ass.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:No, no. You do have the moral high ground, of course.

Hi Trev,

Scratch will blow sunshine up your ass as long as you agree with him.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Ray A wrote:You are a jackass, for conceding to Scratch. A bit "convoluted", are you? And not only that, you're a flip-flopper, but as long as you flip-flop to Scratch's side - he will blow sunshine any jackasses ass.

It's not worth fighting over, Ray.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Trevor wrote:

We can all be a jack ass at times. That is the nature of message boards. It is easy to let your hair down. However, that is much different then a pattern of one thread after another that has as it sole purpose character assassination. Do a search and see how many of Scratch's threads are just that. Of course on this board he is free to do so. But we are free to call him on it and tell him he is an ass for doing it. As noted before, I think Scratch is fairly bright. He writes well, knows the issues and debates ferociously. I have no doubt he can debate better then me. However, I think small people tend to talk badly about others. He crows constantly about how bad Dr., Peterson gossips about others. He complains about apologetics spinning things. Yet he does all this to a high degree. He complains Ray is a hypocrite right on this thread. Well in my opinion Scratch is a hypocrite as well when he accuses others of spinning, smearing, gossiping and so on because he does the same exceedingly.
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

Trevor wrote:

After a point it became clear that Josh does have some emotional issues. I left him alone at this point. I didn't understand the piling on, and it became, in my mind, a bit unseemly. Once you get the knife in, it's not always necessary to push it in even fruther and twist it around.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Trevor wrote:It irritates me to see people preying on the mentally disturbed for sport.

??? If you can't prey on the mentally disturbed for sport, then who can you prey on for sport?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Trevor wrote:It irritates me to see people preying on the mentally disturbed for sport.

??? If you can't prey on the mentally disturbed for sport, then who can you prey on for sport?

Well lessee. When one preys on a mentally disturbed person who would be the sicker of the two?
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Dr. Shades wrote:??? If you can't prey on the mentally disturbed for sport, then who can you prey on for sport?

LOL. Good one, Shades. There are differing degrees of mentally disturbed. I don't think my degree of disturbed is going to result in too much harm to myself and others, whereas I really wonder about some other folks. The old perspective thing again.