Spencer Lake Horse Skull

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

rcrocket wrote:May I see the study itself?

Certainly, if you provide me an e-mail address.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

- Do not start board wars or cross-posting (duplicate discussions from other boards on the MADB boards or vice versa in order to continue an argument). Links to other discussion boards will not be permitted in most cases.

Thread Closed.

I wonder if these mods realize their actions make MADdite apologists look weak and imbecilic, in constant need of protection. As Skippy noted, there was no "continuing an argument". There were no links to other boards (god forbid another board be linked!!!!). There was no "board war". There was only the uncomfortable fact that yet one more source desperate apologists relied on to build an untenable assertion. They just can't take any more of that in particular.

Truth can withstand scrutiny, MADdites. You can hide behind your mods, you can bluster and blow all you like, but you can't hide from that reality. If your assertions can't withstand scrutiny, there is a reason why.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Prediction - chris will eventually be banned.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

beastie wrote:Prediction - chris will eventually be banned.

I doubt it, but then I still have that sense of invincibility that afflicts all the young and foolish. Maybe when the arthritis kicks in I'll start to be less optimistic.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

beastie wrote:Prediction - chris will eventually be banned.
I doubt Celestial Kingdom gets banned...they don't ban pundits (make them look bad...well it would make them look worse.)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

CaliforniaKid wrote:
rcrocket wrote:May I see the study itself?

Certainly, if you provide me an e-mail address.

rcrocket[at]msn.com
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

How ridiculous. Has the simple fact that something is being discussed here as well as there ever resulted in a MAD thread closure before?

My hat's off to the MAD mods - monitoring two message boards requires no small amount of dedication.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

TrashcanMan79 wrote:My hat's off to the MAD mods - monitoring two message boards requires no small amount of dedication.

Heehee...you know if they'd log in and rack up a 1000 posts I'm sure Shades would consider them as moderators for this board...it sure appears they're dedicated.

Perhaps more dedicated the we mods =)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

Doesn't DCP pray for confirmation before citing sources? And if he did, and received confirmation that the Spencer Lake Horse Skull was true, wouldn't his witness from the holy ghost trump any of this so-called "scientifc "evidence"?
"We of this Church do not rely on any man-made statement concerning the nature of Deity. Our knowledge comes directly from the personal experience of Joseph Smith." - Gordon B. Hinckley

"It's wrong to criticize leaders of the Mormon Church even if the criticism is true." - Dallin H. Oaks
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Perhaps DCP relies on the same Super Duper Spirit Detector as our friend Will.

Penn & Teller