Spencer Lake Horse Skull

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Runtu wrote:I see your latest attempt at starting a board war over there has failed. :)

Shizzle. If I want to start a board war I'll start a gosh darn board war. I don't want to start a board war and thus a board war won't occur at my hand. The rest of you can start board wars if you so choose, but I won't for now.

Seriously, this is kind of a black eye for the apologists. Over 3 years it has been known (through one of their own scientists) that the horse skull was a hoax, and they continued to say it was "considerable evidence."
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Argh...can you believe that crap? They just suspended me for asking when that video was filmed.

Nemesis is a dickhead.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Argh...can you believe that s***? They just suspended me for asking when that video was filmed.

Nemesis is a dickhead.

You're kidding. I wonder if they'll suspend me for participating on this thread here.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Alright...livy introduces those videos on both boards (of his own free will), I ask a question and I get suspended. crap. I'm starting to be a tad pissed. Perhaps it's time for the return of the Bond Puppets! Hmm....
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Runtu wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:Argh...can you believe that s***? They just suspended me for asking when that video was filmed.

Nemesis is a dickhead.

You're kidding. I wonder if they'll suspend me for participating on this thread here.

Nope. Suspended. Here's the two posts from that thread:

Bond...James Bond wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2986196945639217658

When were these series (the link is an example) of videos filmed? 2004? 05? 06? 07?

Just wondering.

Nemesis wrote:I don't think so. Let your little friends do their own dirty work.
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

beastie wrote:Chris,

Am I misremembering or did you email someone (FARMS or Jones) to try and get the results of this testing, and no one ever answered?

Yeah, I tried several times to use the ask FARMS function on their site. I never tried Jones, though. Until reading Barker's article I didn't know who any of the players were in FARMS' push to get horse bones carbon-dated. Obviously Jones is involved, so contacting him might be the obvious place to start.

The book that contains the Barker article was published in 2004. So that means that the testing was completed between 2002-2004.

Doesn't Dr. Peterson work at BYU, where Steven Jones also worked at the time??? He couldn't have just rung him up and checked on this data before continuing to throw around this reference for the past four years?????

WTF??!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?

I think I saw somebody, somewhere claim that this video is several years old. But given that it's billed as a response to Bible vs. Book of Mormon, it can't be that old. And the FAIR YouTube description says it's an excerpt from a video that is forthcoming from FAIR, so if this is an older production then they must have really taken their time getting it to the production stage. It seems more probable that it's recent.

I also suspect, since no FARMS, FAIR, or even Jeff Lindsay publications I could find mention the Spencer Lake skull, that Jones made his results available to the apologetic community. I could be wrong about that, though.

In fairness to Dan, unless I had contacted Barker I'd never have guessed from the title of this essay that it contained his carbon date findings. It's also easy to talk about things in a video interview that you only half-remember. I made a couple goofs in Schryver's Book of Abraham interview. Hopefully he'll edit them out. :-P
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Runtu wrote:

Nemesis is a dickhead.

Nope. Suspended. I had to IP tunnel in in order to see that my thread was closed.

Now I've seen everything.
Runtu's Rincón

_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Runtu wrote:Now I've seen everything.

1 day suspension. If you think that's funny wait till tomorrow night. Mwhahahaahahaha!
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Nemesis is a dickhead.

That's just stupid.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Runtu wrote:Now I've seen everything.

1 day suspension. If you think that's funny wait till tomorrow night. Mwhahahaahahaha!

I would think that if they didn't know about the skull dating, they would be anxious to clear this up and answer your question. I guess not.
Runtu's Rincón