Spencer Lake Horse Skull

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

CaliforniaKid wrote:Is this the one where the inquirer starts making up Bible verses and the Jesuit doesn't know the difference and keeps finding ways to explain them away no matter how unambiguous they are?

No - typically in the Letters of which the passage quoted is representative, Pascal brings quotations from Jesuit authors full of what seem to him to be the most incredible moral teachings, which his imaginary Jesuit interlocutor responds to by saying "Yes, that puts it very well - but you have not said the half of it. Why, Father X even teaches that Y, and he is quite right!".
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Has there been ANY thread on MAD about this, save for chris' closed one?

Amazing. Quite a few MAD believers have been panting after this information for years. And now that we know... the silence is deafening.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

beastie wrote:Has there been ANY thread on MAD about this, save for chris' closed one?

Amazing. Quite a few MAD believers have been panting after this information for years. And now that we know... the silence is deafening.

I am assuming that Chris' thread was closed due to embarrassment, so that the information would move off of the front page. As long as Peterson's video is circulating with the incorrect claim, his supporters aren't going to want the contradictory (and correct) details to be known.

Just my cynical opinion while wearing my cranky pants.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

LOL@Runtu's Jeopardy thingie. I think I've read that before but didn't connect it to Runtu (substrate perhaps at Salamander Society?)

(Dang I need to get back to parody writing...)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Spencer Lake Horse Skull

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

How many times does the "Spirit' have to be proven that the "Spirit" is just wishful thinking?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_ZelphtheGreat
_Emeritus

Post by _ZelphtheGreat »

And I thought this was really a review of The Miracle of Forgiveness. Misread it and figured it was calling Spencer Kimball a Horse's Ass.
“If paying tithing means that you can’t pay for water or electricity, pay tithing. If paying tithing means that you can’t pay your rent, pay tithing. Even if paying tithing means that you don’t have enough money to feed your family, pay tithing." Ensign/2012/12
_Mormon Think
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormon Think »

Very interesting information - thanks for posting.

Dan