Spencer Lake Horse Skull

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

rcrocket wrote:I post rarely there, but I don't think I have ever seen any reference to this Board, at least publicly. I hardly consider that a "war."

On the contrary, you and many others are obsessed with the MAD board. You report its daily doings; you obsess over Dr. Peterson. Most of you know little difference between right and wrong as you defame him and others with real names. Cast that beam out of your eye.

rcrocket

I can't help it if I have a nonsexual man-crush on the Good Professor. ;)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_BishopRic
_Emeritus

Post by _BishopRic »

Runtu wrote:
I can't help it if I have a nonsexual man-crush on the Good Professor. ;)

As long as it's "non-sexual..."

"....not that there is anything wrong with that (ala Seinfeld)"

...but...it's just...him!
Überzeugungen sind oft die gefährlichsten Feinde der Wahrheit.
[Certainty (that one is correct) is often the most dangerous enemy of the
truth.] - Friedrich Nietzsche
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Post by _cksalmon »

rcrocket wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
Runtu wrote:Wow, just saw the closed thread on MADB. What board war were they talking about? Seems like they closed the thread because of what was going on over here. Bizarre.

MAD has considered itself at war with this board since its' inception.

I post rarely there, but I don't think I have ever seen any reference to this Board, at least publicly. I hardly consider that a "war."

On the contrary, you and many others are obsessed with the MAD board. You report its daily doings; you obsess over Dr. Peterson. Most of you know little difference between right and wrong as you defame him and others with real names. Cast that beam out of your eye.

rcrocket

Your post comes directly after one in which Will Schryver is quoted as referring to "Shadyville." Seriously.

Nor, by far, is that the first. Many simply refer to "the other board."

CKS
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I post rarely there, but I don't think I have ever seen any reference to this Board, at least publicly. I hardly consider that a "war."

Poor crocket. Yet another horse reference has gone down in flames. What else can he do but accuse others of "defaming" Peterson.

It's like our own little bot with a preprogrammed reply.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

by the way, here's an interesting MAD thread from Dec. 2006, in which Dr. Peterson made this statement:

(luigi)
As I understand it remains of one horse were found in Florida which was thought to potentially be pre-Columbian-but that it is still up in the air.

DCP
There have also been non-C-14-dated finds in Mesoamerican archaeological excavations and a C-14-dated find in Wisconsin.

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... =20220&hl=

Of course, he spent the rest of the thread denying that this statement of his had any meaning whatsoever. Interesting how ambiguously worded it is, however. One would THINK that DCP was actually saying that there had been a C-14 dated find in Wisconsin of a pre-columbian horse. One would THINK that, but apparently that would make one a strawman builder, according to Dan.

So just what in the heck was his statement supposed to mean???
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Also, according to livy111us, Dr. Peterson was filmed for the video around Jan 2006.

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... 31661&st=0

Penn & Teller

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

rcrocket wrote: On the contrary, you and many others are obsessed with the MAD board. You report its daily doings; you obsess over Dr. Peterson. Most of you know little difference between right and wrong as you defame him and others with real names. Cast that beam out of your eye.

rcrocket

You are right. They are too occupied with ethereal matters to be concerned with the likes of the Mormon Discussion board. It's not like they keep tabs on it or would ever think of banning anyone for posting here.

You are also right about our obsession. You might say we are mad about MAD. "We should cast the Hah-ko-kau-beams out of our own eye before worrying about any planetary objects or Floeese causing them to squint."
- Final Overture, Thus Spake Zakuska, Locked Files, BYU Library, 2008
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

Hoping to continue the remarkable success of Latter-day Saint Ken Jennings, FARMS has sent its best and brightest, Professor Daniel Midgley-Welch to compete on the long-running game show, Jeopardy. The following is a partial transcript of his appearance.

Alex Trebek: We also welcome to our show Daniel, a food sciences professor from Provo, Utah. It says here that you enjoy archeology in your spare time. Found anything interesting, have you?

DMW: Don't you think it's rather presumptuous to discuss Book of Mormon archeology before you've read some of the scholarship? Honestly! Do your homework, Alex!

AT: Um, OK, let's play Jeopardy.

DMW: I'll take Potent Potables for $100, Alex.

AT: Jesus turned the water into this during the wedding at Cana.

DMW: What is a nonalcoholic grape-juice-like substance completely unrelated to the modern concept of wine?

AT: No, I'm sorry, we were looking for "wine."

DMW: Really, Alex, your ignorance is showing. You seriously believe that Jesus would violate the Word of Wisdom? I'll take The New Testament for $100.

AT: Jesus was born in this small town in Judea.

DMW: What is the land of Jerusalem?

AT: No, I'm sorry, the answer is "Bethlehem."

DMW: Excuse me, but that's just nitpicking. Anyone who knows anything understands that Bethlehem is in the land of Jerusalem. I thought this was supposed to be a well-researched show.

AT: I'm sorry, the judges inform me that the correct answer is "Bethlehem."

DMW: Well, then, let's try New World Fauna.

AT: This large rodent is found primarily in the jungles of Central and South America.

DMW: What is a horse?

AT: No, the answer is "tapir."

DMW: That's what I said. "Horse" is just a modern equivalent of "tapir." Any idiot knows that.

AT: Whatever.

DMW: I don't like your tone, Alex. Are you one of those vile anti-Mormons, like Robert Ritner? All right, let's go to American Hoaxes.

AT: This one is a visual daily double: These bell-shaped plates, which turned out to be a clumsy hoax, were identified by Joseph Smith as the record of a descendant of this Biblical figure.

DMW: What is "there's no proof that Joseph Smith ever saw the plates, let alone translated them"?

AT: I'm sorry, but that's not a question. Look, can we just stick with the game?

DMW: All right. Let's try 19th Century Politics.

AT: Along with slavery, this practice was called one of the twin relics of barbarism by early Republicans.

DMW: What are loose dynastic familial ties?

AT: Uh, what? Can you be more specific?

DMW: What are nonsexual and wholly spiritual ties through the law of adoption that are unrelated to sex with 14 year olds?

AT: No, the answer we were looking for was "polygamy."

DMW: Why, I am shocked that you would assault the virtue of those pure and lovely women who were merely adopted into the lineage of the prophet. You really have a grudge against Mormons.

AT: Who is this guy? Let's move on to final jeopardy. I'm sorry, Daniel, but given your negative score, you'll have to sit this one out.

DMW: I sure hope you never write a book, Alex, because if you do, I'll make sure we give it a terrible thrashing in our review of books.

AT: Is that supposed to scare me?

DMW: Let me guess, King World Productions is funded by the George D. Smith foundation, am I right? You had better watch out! I'm about to raise my arm to the square and call down fire from heaven on you.

AT: Can someone call security, please?

--------------------------------------------
Borrowed from http://www.salamandersociety.com/apologetics/
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

This just in from the Maxipad Institute, the second cumorah found(and visitor's center erected):

_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

Dan solves the horse puzzle: