DCP Accuses Christian Ministries of "Greed"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Accuses Christian Ministries of "Greed"

Post by _harmony »

Lamanite wrote:
And Emma was pissed off and vacillated between acceptance and outrage. Emotionally I side with Emma. Spiritually I accept Joseph as a Prophet. And he was acting as a Prophet, no "just his opinion" loophole here. So there is a conflict within me, that needs resolution. I just won't throw out the baby with the bathwater. I just cool my heels, waiting for further instruction.

But the BIG picture, is grand and sweeping and extends far beyond what you can presently see.

Big UP!

Lamanite

Actually, Joseph was acting like a man who had just gotten caught with his pants down. Nothing new and different there.

And you think you can see the BIG picture, but people who don't agree with you can't? Good to know.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Lamanite
_Emeritus

Post by _Lamanite »

harmony wrote:
Lamanite wrote:
And Emma was pissed off and vacillated between acceptance and outrage. Emotionally I side with Emma. Spiritually I accept Joseph as a Prophet. And he was acting as a Prophet, no "just his opinion" loophole here. So there is a conflict within me, that needs resolution. I just won't throw out the baby with the bathwater. I just cool my heels, waiting for further instruction.

But the BIG picture, is grand and sweeping and extends far beyond what you can presently see.

Big UP!

Lamanite

Actually, Joseph was acting like a man who had just gotten caught with his pants down. Nothing new and different there.

And you think you can see the BIG picture, but people who don't agree with you can't? Good to know.

I'm always happy when you drop by. It's kind of like meeting Juliann's equivalent here. That's meant as a compliment. :wink:

Big UP!

Lamanite
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

harmony wrote:And you think you can see the BIG picture, but people who don't agree with you can't? Good to know.

This is yet another fine Mopologetic strategy at work. The picture always extends to eternity when they get into a rough patch, because only there can one place it out of mortal reach. No problem is too big for the scope of the eternal, no answer required the moment it gets there. My guess is that many a liberal Mormon resides in this mental realm, where it all works out and makes sense someday.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Lamanite
_Emeritus

Post by _Lamanite »

Kishkumen wrote:This is yet another fine Mopologetic strategy at work. The picture always extends to eternity when they get into a rough patch, because only there can one place it out of mortal reach. No problem is too big for the scope of the eternal, no answer required the moment it gets there. My guess is that many a liberal Mormon resides in this mental realm, where it all works out and makes sense someday.

No you misunderstand the strength of the Church today; the great expanse exists today.

To be sure, this is a "rough patch" for me. It is difficult to comprehend, and understandibly so. And I don't understand because I don't have all the facts. The one fact that is sufficient to allow me to move forward is that Joseph was a Prophet.

If you have every relevant historical fact(s) then send them my way; I'm sure others would be interested as well.

Or maybe we can bust out Mormon Enigma and In Sacred Loneliness. The two seminal works on Polygamy, in my opinion. The sad part is that I think your agenda driven myopic view of Emma and Polygamy will not shift no matter what.

Let me know and I'll setup the blog and we can go through those books page by page. I have nothing to fear. Let me know.

Big UP!

Lamanite
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Lamanite wrote:I'm always happy when you drop by. It's kind of like meeting Juliann's equivalent here. That's meant as a compliment. :wink:

Big UP!

Lamanite

Actually, I think Juliann would be very insulted. I just wish you'd address the position of Joseph's pants.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Lamanite wrote:No you misunderstand the strength of the Church today; the great expanse exists today.

To be sure, this is a "rough patch" for me. It is difficult to comprehend, and understandibly so. And I don't understand because I don't have all the facts. The one fact that is sufficient to allow me to move forward is that Joseph was a Prophet.

I agree. He was a prophet... right up until he took Fanny to bed.

The sad part is that I think your agenda driven myopic view of Emma and Polygamy will not shift no matter what.

You do realize that some people would think yours is the myopic view that refuses to shift, no matter what?
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Daniel Peterson wrote:I find all of this very troubling and disturbing.

I bet you do. Your effort to persuade the anonymous readers seems to have failed miserably. Keep trying, though.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

My miserable failure to persuade some group or other of anonymous readers, which has been demonstrated by something or other, somewhere, troubles me greatly and deeply disturbs me.
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

What I find most humorous here is that almost the entire OP cycled through various posters who are not DCP. Dr Peterson had very little to do with that thread, yet the title MUST paint him in a negative light.
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

Scottie wrote:What I find most humorous here is that almost the entire OP cycled through various posters who are not DCP. Dr Peterson had very little to do with that thread, yet the title MUST paint him in a negative light.

That's because I'm eeeeeeeevil.

It fairly makes yer flesh crawl, don't it?

I can't wait until Scratch or one of his anonymous informants finds the passage where I accuse Christian ministers of failing to use dental floss.

Now that will be a true "watershed moment" in the history of Mopologetics!