DCP Accuses Christian Ministries of "Greed"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_solomarineris
_Emeritus

Re: W'out DCP this board would be soo lonely

Post by _solomarineris »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Kishkumen wrote: I anxiously await the further light you will no doubt shed on the twilight world of Mopologetics.

Well, I continue to wait for FARMS to post the online version of the latest Review. I refuse to donate any money to them, naturally, so I am forced to wait for the cyber version of the text. You would think that, with their huge sums of money, they could pay Matt Roper or somebody to get the thing up online. (Heck, I bet that FAIR slug Allen Wyatt would do it pro bono.)
In the meantime, I suppose I can ruminate on the various reasons why Mopologists hate (and I mean hate) the relatively silly and innocuous critic named Loftes Tryke. I don't want to say too much, but I believe the reaction towards Mr. Tryke is very revealing in terms of what it tells us about the "Mopologetic Collective Unconscious."

Scratch,
You are so damn lucky, DCP gratifies your sinister inquiries with highest dignity like any valiant human being can muster.
The guy leaves his highest calling to answer your most un-founded allegations.
Bravo, DCP.
And a heartfelt thank you DCP.
You are the best entertainment this board can muster.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Accuses Christian Ministries of "Greed"

Post by _Kishkumen »

christopher wrote:Perhaps DCP's accusation of greed amongst Christian ministries goes back to his lifelong training in the temple (pre 1990) where the Protestant minister was present and used as Satan's minion for the money?

Chris <><

No doubt that informed the attitudes of generations of good LDS folk. Except, of course, for Dr. Peterson, who was immune to this message, or our old pal Droopy, who would perhaps swear he never saw such a thing in the temple.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Re: W'out DCP this board would be soo lonely

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

solomarineris wrote:And a heartfelt thank you DCP.
You are the best entertainment this board can muster.

I'm well aware of that.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

christopher wrote:Perhaps DCP's accusation of greed amongst Christian ministries goes back to his lifelong training in the temple (pre 1990) where the Protestant minister was present and used as Satan's minion for the money?

Perhaps.

But how to explain my accusation that Christian ministers are all Capricorns with toe fungus?*

That one's going to be more difficult to account for.

* This important item is yet to be located by Scratch's anonymous informants. But the Truth is out there.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Daniel Peterson wrote:But how to explain my accusation that Christian ministers are all Capricorns with toe fungus?

For a man with such a fulfilling life as a servant of Jesus Christ, you sure waste a helluva lot of time around here doing nothing constructive.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Daniel Peterson wrote:But how to explain my accusation that Christian ministers are all Capricorns with toe fungus?

For a man with such a fulfilling life as a servant of Jesus Christ, you sure waste a helluva lot of time around here doing nothing constructive.

As do we all.
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Scottie wrote:As do we all.

Are you also a servant of Jesus Christ? I, admittedly, am not.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Kishkumen wrote:For a man with such a fulfilling life as a servant of Jesus Christ, you sure waste a helluva lot of time around here doing nothing constructive.

That was a very valuable post. You've made an enormous contribution, and must surely feel considerable gratification at it.

(I just love it when some here post attacks on others for posting here because it's such a worthless waste of time. I can scarcely believe that the self-satire is inadvertent.)

I've worked hard today. I've gotten a lot done. Among other things, I sent off a book proposal to a major academic press and administered a final examination. About thirty members of my singles ward just came by to sing carols at my house -- I wasn't expecting that -- and I'm leaving shortly to do some Christmas shopping.

My life is pretty good. Hope that doesn't disturb you.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Daniel Peterson wrote:That was very valuable post. You've made an enormous contribution, and must surely feel considerable gratification at it.

(I just love it when some here post attacks on others for posting here because it's such a worthless waste of time. I can scarcely believe that the self-satire is inadvertent.)

Indeed, it was valuable enough for you to respond, which, I suppose, is what amazes me about you. And am I aware of the self-satire? Why yes! But then it also didn't escape you that I am anonymous internet persona, which pose has a certain satirical element built into it. The real joke is that you felt this was necessary to bring to anyone's attention. Well played. I found this most humorous.

By the way, bragging is never appealing. And one wonders, with the great disdain you hold the majority of people here in, why you bother to engage in it.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Kishkumen wrote:Indeed, it was valuable enough for you to respond, which, I suppose, is what amazes me about you. And am I aware of the self-satire? Why yes! But then it also didn't escape you that I am anonymous internet persona, which pose has a certain satirical element built into it. The real joke is that you felt this was necessary to bring to anyone's attention. Well played. I found this most humorous.

Then we're both laughing.

I see nothing wrong with that.