Peterson Pace - "Those who can, do ....."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Joey
_Emeritus

Peterson Pace - "Those who can, do ....."

Post by _Joey »

Peterson has run up approx 130 posts over at MADB since his "Basta" here. That's about 5 days of activity. Addiction still in place!

Where does this guy get the time to spend on message boards??!!!! He's got about as many posts there in a week as I've had time to post on this board in just under two years.

Does anyone know if this guy has any kind of activities or interests in life? Does he ever see the sun? Does he have a family or family interests?

Has anyone seen his shadow or are we in for six more weeks of meaningless posts?!?!

How tough is it to be a teacher at BYU. This guy makes members of Best Buy's Geek Squad look like renaissance (sp?) men!
"It's not so much that FARMS scholarship in the area Book of Mormon historicity is "rejected' by the secular academic community as it is they are "ignored". [Daniel Peterson, May, 2004]
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Peterson Pace - "Those who can, do ....."

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I don't know how many posts I have right now, probably 7K, I'd say. I don't sit for hours staring at the board. When I'm posting, I am typically working at the computer or doing research online for various projects. When I need a mental pause, I look in on this board, read or post and go back to what I was doing.

If Daniel's work entails computer work, it's not difficult to imagine why/how he can have such a high frequency of posting.

I wonder about others who have a high post count. harmony comes to mind. Do you think she has no life either? If so, you'd be decidedly out to lunch.

Edited: 7318. Heck!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Joey,

How do you know he ran up 130 posts since his Basta? I'd be a little more worried about the "get a life" factor of a person who worries about when Daniel posts, how much and for how long, than Daniel himself.

I mean, are ya like "watching" him or something?

Edited: To capitalize Joey's name. This may not be important to the teeming masses who read this board, but it's critically important to me. Don't ask why.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Danna

Post by _Danna »

:lol:

then there's people like me who spend hours looking with no posting. I looked in earlier got interested in stuff Celestial Kingdom was saying on the Book of Abraham thread and spent an hour or so browsing his blog (highly recommended). Of course it's Saturday downunda, and I had to simultaneously entertain two monkeys, resulting in a serious plastic lightsabre injury to the gut when engrossed in mormonstuff. Whoever stuck an internet browser on Wii, so that surfing on telly using a remote is an option, is a genius.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

The picture below is a caricature, but it has serious elements.

I am in the "programmer" category, and many times I have 2-3 minute intervals after certain steps. It is long enough to stick in something to somewhere.

_Danna

Post by _Danna »

Nice one ludwigm!
Can think of a few parallels for academics, "office hours" must be a big contributor to online auctions and forums
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Well Joey it seems to me that you are the one with the problem. I mean how strange to start a post about someone Else's posting habits on another board that is not even on this board at this time.

Course I seem to recall you complaining that I did not respond fast enough to you on another thread because I am allegedly logged on this board all the time.

But as Jersey Girl noted, someone who is at their computer all day can be logged on but not post once. Or they can jot a post here and there in between things.

Stop obsessing.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jason Bourne wrote:
But as Jersey Girl noted, someone who is at their computer all day can be logged on but not post once. Or they can jot a post here and there in between things.

Stop obsessing.

There are times when I'm technically logged into the board for hours upon hours and have left the computer entirely. If I didn't hide my online status you would think I were here for all those hours.

Why anyone would spend time "watching" a poster or their increasing post count is really beyond me. I mean...who really cares?
Chinese Proverb
_John Larsen
_Emeritus

Post by _John Larsen »

Peterson's posts aren't very substantive. I doubt he spends more than about 20 minutes a day on the board.
_solomarineris
_Emeritus

Post by _solomarineris »

John Larsen wrote:Peterson's posts aren't very substantive. I doubt he spends more than about 20 minutes a day on the board.

Coming from you this is such a nice compliment.
No wonder the guy quit posting.