Ritner passes-Sad!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Ritner passes-Sad!

Post by Shulem »

John Gee is a GODDAMN liar.

What morals! That self-righteous SOB! It's interesting to wonder what will be said about him after he passes.

Shameful man and a liar.

Hey, John, what's the king's name you lying son of a bitch?
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Midgley’s contribution, true to form.
Louis Midgley • 2 hours ago • edited
I was truly delighted to just discover that Dan has provided easy access to John Gee's thoughtful comments on Robert Ritner….

http://disq.us/p/2ihp8vm
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Interesting remark from the proprietor of "SeN":
But I won't permit that to happen here, any more than I would permit this place to be exploited as a venue for denouncing Professor Ritner on the occasion of his death.
Sure: that's real believable. I notice that Dr. Gee is claiming that Yale U. "removed" Ritner from Gee's doctoral committee. That clashes with what Ritner himself said, which is that he (i.e., Ritner) *removed himself* from the committee after discovering "many errors" in Gee's work. DCP may claim that he's not using the occasion to "denounce" Ritner, but he, Gee, and the other Mopologists are certainly "using the occasions" as a means of trying to get the last word in.

The Mopologists always justify this kind of behavior by claiming that either the critics started it, or that what the critics do/say is "worse." For example, there are people who've said that they look forward to DCP's passing so that they can urinate or defecate on his grave. That's pretty bad all right, but I don't see how bad critic behavior justifies bad Mopologist behavior. Bad behavior is bad behavior, period.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Every occasion for LDS apologists to take the high road is always missed. Ritner was a commander in the war against Mormonism, in their view.

No uncontested slam dunks, remember?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

DCP wrote: L'er: "I never got the impression that Dr. Ritner disliked (or had animosity towards) John Gee; but rather, he was just disappointed in his scholarship."

Impressions will vary, as levels of familiarity with the real situation also vary.

I don't intend Professor Ritner's passing to be an occasion to reignite the controversies and the unpleasantness in which he played a role. There is a place elsewhere where John Gee and I are being denounced on this specific issue -- and where we will continue to be denounced for, I expect, several more days at a minimum. (Perpetual-motion machines, it seems, are actually possible.). But I won't permit that to happen here, any more than I would permit this place to be exploited as a venue for denouncing Professor Ritner on the occasion of his death.

I've said as much as I'm willing to say on the matter. I genuinely hope nothing but the best for Professor Ritner.
If only we had a marathon 12 hour interview with Ritner to understand how he felt about Gee. We'll just have to take DCP's word on it, I'm sure if we had such an interview that Ritner would be lying anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNYUyHg3pY
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Good Lord, their insincerity is weird. Years of crapping all over Ritner and then they do this passive-aggressive nonsense?
DanielPeterson > Lefthandloafer

I don't intend Professor Ritner's passing to be an occasion to reignite the controversies and the unpleasantness in which he played a role
Then don’t do it you fat “F”. You and Gee are just such pussies. Just man the “F” up and let your true nature show. This need to hide yourself behind a veneer of civility is as transparent as your need for attention.

Speaking of passive-aggressive pussies, That Little crap can’t help but revel in Mr. Peterson’s shitbaggery:
That Little crap

I was truly delighted to just discover that Dan has provided easy access to John Gee's thoughtful comments on Robert Ritner. <- I bet you were just thrilled to see Gee take a shot at him before the body was cold, you weird-syntax-typing-fakeass-smoothbrain.

I noticed elsewhere that Professor Ritner left behind a pet dog. The moment I noticed that he had a pet dog, to whom he gave a famous Egyptian name, I have wondered what will happen to his dear companion. <- No you the “F” don’t you insincere sociopath.

Since I have had, shortly after the passing of my wife in 3 February 2014, a very affectionate, but also very demanding, Dachshunt companion, who is now closing in on fifteen years, the comments on Ritner's pet dog have drawn my attention to the question of what will happen to my little friend, if I were to suddenly assume ground temperature. My family. who have made it clear that they will not post an obituary that, following Davis Bitton's example, I have drafted, will also be faced with deciding what to do with my loyal little friend. The fact is that my little friend and I are both getting to be very close to death. <- Weren’t you just mocking gemli for a typo he made? How damned self-unaware are you, you little crap?
Just remember this, Louise. When you pass, the respect and consideration you showed others in life and death will be repaid tenfold. There will be no golden handshakes for you at a veil. There will be no mansion, no planet, and no Jesus patting you on the back and thanking you for a job well done.

But there will a digital footprint and a gravestone. And the difference between you and Ritner is that his will be treated with respect. Yours will not.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It might be interesting to research the legality of urinating in a vessel and pouring the contents of that vessel out on to Louis Midgley's grave.

If it were legal I think it would certainly be a well deserved show of respect for the man.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 pm
It might be interesting to research the legality of urinating in a vessel and pouring the contents of that vessel out on to Louis Midgley's grave.

If it were legal I think it would certainly be a well deserved show of respect for the man.
That just sounds like pissing on someone’s grave, but with extra steps.

-Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:41 pm
drumdude wrote:

-Doc
You'd want a large enough amount that it actually makes it to him!

Imagine his surprise when his body is restored :lol: !
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:41 pm
drumdude wrote:

-Doc
No, no. They could do what the Satanist temple did for the Westboro grave of mother of the church's founder. Essentially turning him gay. And by the way I don't mean that as a pejorative for gay people. I just know Midgely's head would explode if he knew that would happen.