Kerry Shirts Rocks Sunstone!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Kerry Shirts Rocks Sunstone!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 am
..the Tarot meanings (NOT the prognostications, which I simply cannot and do not agree on doing with them).
Thanks for the added detail Kerry! It was getting a little confusing reading about "Mormon Tarot" so I was greatly relieved to see your explanation.
Sure. The Tarot is simply esoteric symbols put on cards, and there is a huge variety of symbols people put on them. The varying uses of them in no wise is indicative of their only and true function nor even what they were originally were created for. A lot of meaning and uses have been added to them, and that includes how I work with them when I do so. Mine is far more the intellectual/esoteric attempt at giving the symbols more depths. And, of course, it is all still just interpretation, not reality. Symbols are designed to get us to look past the literal understanding. There is no end to the amount of crack-pottery that can occur with them, whether on buildings, in books, or cards. And heck, that's sorta what makes em fun to explore.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:37 pm
Lem wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 pm

Thanks for the added detail Kerry! It was getting a little confusing reading about "Mormon Tarot" so I was greatly relieved to see your explanation.
Sure. The Tarot is simply esoteric symbols put on cards, and there is a huge variety of symbols people put on them. The varying uses of them in no wise is indicative of their only and true function nor even what they were originally were created for. A lot of meaning and uses have been added to them, and that includes how I work with them when I do so. Mine is far more the intellectual/esoteric attempt at giving the symbols more depths. And, of course, it is all still just interpretation, not reality. Symbols are designed to get us to look past the literal understanding. There is no end to the amount of crack-pottery that can occur with them, whether on buildings, in books, or cards. And heck, that's sorta what makes em fun to explore.
After you mentioned it the first time, I looked up a couple of the sites and artists, the artwork is really insightful and quite beautiful!
Symbols are designed to get us to look past the literal understanding.
Absolutely. One of my siblings is an artist and does a lot of illustrations, he is very big into adding meaning through symbolism and I love it. I can look at his illustrations repeatedly and always come up with something new. I am lucky enough to have half a dozen or so of his works hanging on my walls, and they continue to give me great pleasure even after many years, so I understand and appreciate your enthusiasm greatly.

Have you ever tried a few cards? Your caricatures from last year that you posted here were awesome, I bet you'd have a very interesting viewpoint to add.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem
Have you ever tried a few cards? Your caricatures from last year that you posted here were awesome, I bet you'd have a very interesting viewpoint to add.
I have been sorely tempted through the years, but just haven't gotten to it yet...
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:14 pm
Lem
I have been sorely tempted through the years, but just haven't gotten to it yet...
be sure to share when you do, I'm looking forward to it already!!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Unless I am reading things incorrectly, the Whova app, which served as the portal for the online Sunstone, shows that Kerry’s session was one of the most attended sessions at Sunstone! Wow!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 pm
Unless I am reading things incorrectly, the Whova app, which served as the portal for the online Sunstone, shows that Kerry’s session was one of the most attended sessions at Sunstone! Wow!
You cannot possibly be reading it right, I doubt more than 2 attended besides our presenters.... :D
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 pm
the portal for the online Sunstone, shows that Kerry’s session was one of the most attended sessions at Sunstone!
Most likely the session was being monitored by the security forces of The Strengthening the Membership Committee, FAIR, The Interpreter Foundation, Polizia di Sicurezza Mormone di Roma, and a few interested scholars from the Maxwell Institute to see if Kerry would spill the beans. All, except for the Maxwell, immediately went to Defcon 3 following the presentations.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Will you create a new thread to let us know when the presentation is available on video? I guess you could bury the announcement here but it'd be nice to see a stand alone announcement so folks could offer feedback and impressions.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:58 pm
Will you create a new thread to let us know when the presentation is available on video? I guess you could bury the announcement here but it'd be nice to see a stand alone announcement so folks could offer feedback and impressions.
Yes, I will be happy to. I haven't heard anything yet.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:19 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:58 pm
Yes, I will be happy to. I haven't heard anything yet.
Thanks so much!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!