I quit the Church!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Re: I quit the Church!!!

Post by _Trevor »

I'm with you, Paul.

What happened to "love your enemies"?
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_TAK
_Emeritus

Post by _TAK »

John Waite wrote:True love is not unconditional, and the only people who say it is are those who refuse to take responsability for their actions.

Well then, that confirms the Mormon god is a capricious bastard..
God has the right to create and to destroy, to make like and to kill. He can delegate this authority if he wishes to. I know that can be scary. Deal with it.
Nehor.. Nov 08, 2010

Post by _Trevor »

TAK wrote:Well then, that confirms the Mormon god is a capricious bastard..

Not really.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Ray A wrote:I'm sorry to say that until you get off your habit-fattened ass and realise there's no "middle way" in Mormonism, you are doomed to self-delusion - as I was.

So let me repeat, why me - there is no "middle way" in Mormonism. Have you missed all the debates?

Everyone has to find their own path and way in life Ray. What works for some does not work for others. Just because something did not work for you does not mean it won't work for someone else.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Don't go blaming God for the things men say and do.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_TAK
_Emeritus

Post by _TAK »

harmony wrote:

Don't go blaming God for the things men say and do.

God has had ample opportunity to set the record straight and I see nothing to the contrary..
Perhaps you should not be giving credit for things undeserved..
God has the right to create and to destroy, to make like and to kill. He can delegate this authority if he wishes to. I know that can be scary. Deal with it.
Nehor.. Nov 08, 2010

Post by _harmony »

John Waite wrote:True love is not unconditional, and the only people who say it is are those who refuse to take responsability for their actions.

True love is absolutely unconditional and has nothing to do with taking responsibililty for one's own actions. True love allows others the freedom to take responsibility for their own actions.

How could anyone get as confused as you are, John?

All my life I’ve seen people like that slowly evolve into sick, twisted souls, all the while demanding that others accept them and ‘love’ them as they are.

In the grand scheme of things, you haven't lived very long, John, and it shows in your inability to gain clarity in your life. Some souls end up sick and twisted, but that isn't necessarily a given for every soul taking the same path. It's not the souls that demand that you love them... as they are, as they were, as they may become... it's God who demands that. You don't get to choose who to love, John. You are commanded by God to love everyone. That includes the sick twisted souls who refuse to take responsibility for their own choices. You, however, have no choice in the matter, if you choose to follow the commandments. You are commanded to love everyone, including the sick, the twisted, the downtrodden, the beggars, the harlots, the confused... and even the Saints. (sometimes, loving the Saints is the hardest).

But it’s pretty hard to love someone who despises himself and who has little by little become spiritually depraved.

No, it's not. But even if it was, you have no choice, if you want to obey the commandments. Love, unconditionally, is the 2nd commandment. Follow it or pay the consequences. So far, you're paying.

All you can really do is feel sorry for them. that’s what I feel for you Paul Osborne. Look around at those you call your ‘friends’ here. It reminds me of the prophecy of Samuel the Lamanite.

If Paul cannot call you "friend", you have failed in your duty as a Mormon and as a Christian. Don't make us look bad, John. Leave your failures behind. Love as you are commanded to love.

‘Behold, we are surrounded by demons, yea, we are encircled about by the angels of him who hath sought to destroy our souls.’

Out of context... and full of ancient myth and spookiness. It's October, so maybe you're stuck on demons because of that.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

TAK wrote:
harmony wrote:Don't go blaming God for the things men say and do.

God has had ample opportunity to set the record straight and I see nothing to the contrary..
Perhaps you should not be giving credit for things undeserved..

Just because you intentionally close your eyes doesn't mean everyone is as blind.

It's relatively easy to figure out when men are taking and when God is talking, TAK.
_TAK
_Emeritus

Post by _TAK »

harmony wrote:Just because you intentionally close your eyes doesn't mean everyone is as blind.

It's relatively easy to figure out when men are taking and when God is talking, TAK.

My eyes are actually wide open.. it is faith that requires them to be shut.
Beyond that.. Please give me an example of god talking and how are you certain it is god?
Nehor.. Nov 08, 2010

Post by _harmony »

TAK wrote:My eyes are actually wide open.. it is faith that requires them to be shut.
Beyond that.. Please give me an example of god talking and how are you certain it is god?

When the Brethren are talking, you can just about make bank that it's men's worldview, not God's. Only rare exceptions like Pres Hinckley's talk on Tolerance or the Ensign article on Greed resonate with God's voice over the pride of the authors. The rest of it? Men. *sigh*