I quit the Church!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Re: OMFG!!!

Post by _Trevor »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:1. Runtu
2. Ray A
3. Paul O
4. ???

Kevin Graham easily fits on that list.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Yong Xi
_Emeritus

Re: I quit the Church!!!

Post by _Yong Xi »

CaliforniaKid wrote:Hey Paul,

It can be lonely sometimes when you don't feel quite at home with either the people of God or the people of the world.
-Chris

My (and my wife's) dilemma as well.
_JohnStuartMill
_Emeritus

Post by _JohnStuartMill »

Congratulations! Although I have to say that you're not a good data point for critics who try to counter the "people only leave the Church because they want to sin" argument.
"You clearly haven't read [Dawkins'] book." -Kevin Graham, 11/04/09
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Paul Osborne wrote:If the Book of Abraham truly is sacred text that God breathed to Joseph Smith then Jesus himself can tell me that face to face. Otherwise, I'm just not too concerned at the moment. I just want to get on with my life without having to rely on faith for every little step I take. I'm tired of faith. I just want to live. Faith is old stuff. I need new air.

I hear you there, Paul. I wasn't really asking whether the book spoke to you personally, but whether you would allow it a sacredness to others that you could respect. Mike Reed got at the issue more directly when he expressed hope that you would not go the anti-Mormon route. I like what you say when you talk about the Church as a stepping-stone for you. At the same time, I think it can be a whole life's journey for others. To each her or his own, I say. And, while the Utah farm-boy roots of my grandpa fire me up when you knock the white-collar leadership, they aren't such bad guys.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Trevor wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:1. Runtu
2. Ray A
3. Paul O
4. ???

Kevin Graham easily fits on that list.

Thanks, see my edited list in my original post, with a few ideas for who is next..
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Chris,

Thanks for your well wishes. My mother (now in her 70's) is an x-Mormon (lesbian) who is delighted with my decision. I’m flying out of Dallas Sunday morning to visit her in Albuquerque. She is on pins and needles. We are going out for lobster.

I’ll be OK.

Paul O
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

Paul,

I'm not surprised because I've thought for a while that you were at the point KG was in 2004. What do you think about Jerald Tanner now? You wrote some harsh things about him just after his death.

Richard
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:Thanks, see my edited list in my original post, with a few ideas for who is next..

Daniel will leave before I do.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Paul Osborne wrote:My mother (now in her 70's) is an x-Mormon (lesbian) who is delighted with my decision. I’m flying out of Dallas Sunday morning to visit her in Albuquerque. She is on pins and needles. We are going out for lobster.

OK. That, in my mind, speaks volumes about how you came to be where you are. At least, I can identify with this information. From a fairly early age, I got to know and appreciate/love people who fell outside of the model of Mormon behavior, and it made a big difference in how I saw things.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

harmony wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:Thanks, see my edited list in my original post, with a few ideas for who is next..

Daniel will leave before I do.
Huh, even with your weight on the one foot planted outside as you straddle the chapel door threshold?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !