Forget Meldrum, FARMS and the Watson Letter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Forget Meldrum, FARMS and the Watson Letter

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

We can rest assured that the location of the Real Hill Cumorah is in New York, courtesy of Brother Todd Jumper's rockin' burning bosom:

(Okay, so I have a fertile imagination.)

Anyway, Brother Jumper's website explains it all: how he was taken away in the spirit and shown detailed maps of the hills in the area, how he held the brass plates of Laban in his hands (which I'm sure are as manly as his burning bosom) and how he was inspired to study topographical maps of the area and was rewarded with a sure knowledge of the location(s) of Book of Mormon events and of great discoveries soon to come.

In his own words: "How can I be so sure that this is the Hill despite all the dedicated research? For the same power of the Lord that hid these records up, were these records shown unto me, in a like manner that they were shown unto Joseph Smith Jr., and his witnesses. For I have seen the records and have been taken inside the cave at Cumorah in New York. I was given the opportunity while awake to hold the Brass Plates of Laban (Moses) in my hands and page through their leafs as I would a normal book, and I did feel the hieroglyphs thereon, which looked in the appearance of Egyptian, and before my eyes a phrase from the book of Isaiah was translated, and the phrase "A great and marvelous work is about to come forth unto the children of men..." was displayed before me.

Two times since have the plates been shown unto me, and from the mouth of that Nephite prophet who buried them up in Cumorah did he say "You shall testify that ye have seen these things, and that the time for their coming forth is soon at hand." And I Enoch Theos, servant and prophet of the most High God, even Jesus the Christ, testify that I have seen these things and that the Book of Mormon was indeed translated by the gift and power of God through his servant Joseph Smith Jr. and that again the Lord is rising up prophets for the final restoration of all things in this latter-day.
"

Personally, I often enjoy reading stories like Brother Jumpers's because they're so distinctly and peculiarly Mormon. He knows the location of the Hill Cumorah in the same way he knows Joseph Smith was a prophet. How can any Mormon apologist argue with that?

KA
_Ray A

Re: Forget Meldrum, FARMS and the Watson Letter

Post by _Ray A »

Those who are awakened will recognize the truth contained on this site, and that is what matters most, that you take it to Christ yourself....

Christ must be getting tired of all the stupid questions.
_SoHo
_Emeritus

Post by _SoHo »

Ray A wrote:
Those who are awakened will recognize the truth contained on this site, and that is what matters most, that you take it to Christ yourself....

Christ must be getting tired of all the stupid questions.

That's why in the Book of Mormon he told people to stop praying to him and bug his father instead.
"One of the surest ways to avoid even getting near false doctrine is to choose to be simple in our teaching." - Elder Henry B. Eyring, Ensign, May 1999, 74
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Another religious nutcase. Way to go Brother Jumper.
_Danna

Post by _Danna »

A wee problem is that the brass plates were not written in reformed Egyptian. They would have been in Hebrew; Nephi wrote in reformed Egyptian.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Invite him to come here.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Is this Nightlion's brother or something? They have to be related, somehow.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Danna wrote:A wee problem is that the brass plates were not written in reformed Egyptian. They would have been in Hebrew; Nephi wrote in reformed Egyptian.

This is why I love you, Danna. Nothing escapes your notice!

KA
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Wow! Just wow!

OK, here is the thing...

Could all those guys who claim to be one of the amazing favorites of God, special and righteous enough that the God of the universe will speak to them, please, PLEASE ask God an important question or two.

I find it AMAZING that all these guys who claim to be the recipient of God's voice and miracles can only come up with seriously stupid, I mean unimportant stuff. So, what if there were brass plates, or gold plates, or paper plates? What difference is it going to make to the world if someone believes this dude? Or David Koresh? Or any of the guys who claim they are the really righteous ones?

I mean seriously, who cares about all this ^%$# when our world is struggling with REAL issues.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing, if there is some sort of divine creator/being out there who cares for humans, well, maybe, just maybe, stopping the abuse of children, or ending war, or curing cancer might be more important than, oh, I don't know, a bunch of rocks in Missouri.

WHERE IS THE ROLL EYES SMILIE WHEN I NEED IT?

;-)

~td~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj
_Benjamin McGuire
_Emeritus

Post by _Benjamin McGuire »

A wee problem is that the brass plates were not written in reformed Egyptian. They would have been in Hebrew; Nephi wrote in reformed Egyptian.
According to the Book of Mormon, the Brass Plates were written in Egyptian (not reformed Egyptian). See Mosiah 1:4.