SL Trib's Pat Bagley on Mormonism, Utah, and national politics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

SL Trib's Pat Bagley on Mormonism, Utah, and national politics

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Pat has all kinds of interesting things to say about his career drawing editorial cartoons for the Salt Lake Tribune for 42 years, including some discussion of his 1990s side-gig as a Mormon children's book author.

Anyone remember "I Spy a Nephite?" He also did a Book of Mormon chronology book that was for adults and older kids.

Audio and video available here: https://theoryofchange.show/2021/07/11- ... Mormonism/
Moksha
God

Re: SL Trib's Pat Bagley on Mormonism, Utah, and national politics

Post by Moksha »

The video does not actually begin till the 5-minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w33Hpqdm34&t=438s
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Moksha wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:18 pm
The video does not actually begin till the 5-minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w33Hpqdm34&t=438s
Thanks. So what did you think?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:53 pm
I enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Pat Bagley. That part of waving Ezra Taft Benson's hand like a puppet was indeed like a scene out of Weekend at Bernie's. I imagine in the future they could use CGI to produce whole Conference speeches.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Moksha wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:36 am
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:53 pm
I enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Pat Bagley. That part of waving Ezra Taft Benson's hand like a puppet was indeed like a scene out of Weekend at Bernie's. I imagine in the future they could use CGI to produce whole Conference speeches.
Glad you liked it. I feel like the average nevermo has no idea about many of the worst aspects of Mormonism, particularly how it brainwashes members. The days of Mormonism converting people with stable lives and educations are over (I'd say around 2003 or so), but it's important for nevermos to understand that they shouldn't enable the leadership if ever put into that position.
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 am
Pat has all kinds of interesting things to say about his career drawing editorial cartoons for the Salt Lake Tribune for 42 years, including some discussion of his 1990s side-gig as a Mormon children's book author.

Anyone remember "I Spy a Nephite?" He also did a Book of Mormon chronology book that was for adults and older kids.

Audio and video available here: https://theoryofchange.show/2021/07/11- ... Mormonism/
Bought that when my kids were young, they and I, loved it!

Have you heard how Will is doing? I heard he had a series of strokes. I remember going to a non LDS church with a Davis county meet up group a few years ago, and Will spoke on several topics and I bought a book by him called, "South Pass", sadly I haven't read it all. I'm more an audible person these days.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

I didn't ask about Will but I can shoot Pat a note to see