Is Sam Le Fevre claiming the Apostles have seen Jesus?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Is Sam Le Fevre claiming the Apostles have seen Jesus?

Post by IHAQ »

In the comments of a recent blog post on Sic Et Non Sam "I see miracles" says...
On{sic} of the advantages of having been allowed to serve in the Salt Lake Temple before it closed is the annual temple workers devotional with a member of the Quorum of the Twelve, often accompanied by members of the Seventy as well. In those devotionals, the brethren opened up in ways they do not in public. It has been my privilege to hear them open up about their direct and personal experiences with the Savior of the World.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

I'm sure Sam will not expand on exactly what he means by that under questioning.
However, are the Apostles privileging the SLC temple workers with stories about them seeing Jesus and if so, why don't they share these claims during General Conference for all the members?
Last edited by IHAQ on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moksha
God

Re: Is Sam Le Fever claiming the Apostles have seen Jesus?

Post by Moksha »

Perhaps he is saying that good faithful dues-paying members have been let in on the inside Celestial scoop, and if they stick around and pay more dues while the Temple is being renovated, they will get to hear even more when the Brethren return and report. Sharing the truth would make knowing things for sure too easy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace