FAIR goes too far.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton Plumber

FAIR goes too far.

Post by _Gadianton Plumber »

I was astonished today to find something waiting for me in my email inbox. Now, I have never really given much thought to becoming a formal publisher for Cassius (at least in the multivocalities department). Here goes nuttin'.

An informant, whom I trust and would seem to have no reason to deceive, states that FAIR has stepped in something sticky and warm. He is someone who is closely associated with their leadership, with whom I share non-Mormon related interests. I will quote in part:

Call it the wheels of justice that turn slowly, or call it the normal fashion of large organizations with thousands of file folders, but relevant information about the recent misbehavior of Schryver has landed on the right desk. I know of several individuals who felt cheated or otherwise confused by the apparent lack of discipline on the part of the board concerning the breach. Two recent developments will lead to Schryver's relative silence, and will further lead to a drastic scaling back of his FAIR participation.

I queried:
Is this the thing that Will did with Trevor? Making fun of his paper on Mormon Discussions or the normal calling women whores and being a jerk? What were the two things?

His response:

Among other things, economic and familial pressures have forced him to reduce his monthly support to FAIR. As you may have heard, his daughter has been seriously ill and requires more support. In addition, there are other problems at home. I understand Will is reorganizing his priorities. I think it is commendable.

Furthermore, someone in the COB unofficially rebuked the right people for Will's recent misdeeds with Trevor. I don't know who was doing the rebuking or really who was being rebuked. The latest emissions from Schryver were endangering the mission of FAIR. I understand the language in the missive was quite sharp.

Schryver will continue his association with us, but will be forced to do so at a much reduced fashion. I cannot imagine he would be given any real responsibilities in the near future unless he cleans up his act. I speculate he will not be "outing" many apostates for a while. He has become more of a liability than his pecuniary contributions would warrant.

Wee Willy will be the death of more than the Church, eh?
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Re: FAIR goes too far.

Post by _Trevor »

Gadianton Plumber wrote:Furthermore, someone in the COB unofficially rebuked the right people for Will's recent misdeeds with Trevor. I don't know who was doing the rebuking or really who was being rebuked. The latest emissions from Schryver were endangering the mission of FAIR. I understand the language in the missive was quite sharp.

Listen, I know there are lots of fine folks in the COB, but I have a difficult time believing that my misadventures with Will became a topic of concern there. It makes little or no sense, really. Will's actions were bad for FAIR; they don't exactly reflect poorly on the LDS Church or pose some kind of problem for the institution as a whole. Why on earth would anyone at the COB get involved? Do people in the COB have a vested interest in the scholarly standards observed at FAIR? I don't get it.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I don't get it.

Me neither. Maybe GP's informant mixed up some of the details? It seems more likely to me that the rebuke came from DCP, who has connections with both FAIR and MI.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

I don't know how Loap might be connected, but Will was just recently beating on him again at MAD.

These young students down in CA. seem to have a whole different approach as well. They have a pretty bad taste for the negative. Who knows how they might all be connected as well.

Will was/is MAD/FAIR/LDS incs fiveth columist. Appears someone finally figured that out.
_Gadianton Plumber

I wish upon wish I knew more about all the politics or alleged politics to comment. I don't have any clue why anyone in the COB would care about Will. Perhaps whoever it is emotionally invested in FAIR or MAD or whatever. Sorry, I have no further information to share.

I will send my friend an email and see if he can clarify or maybe come post here and explain. Although we have never really discussed this topic very much, he is a nice guy and we share other interests. I trust him to report things as honestly as he knows them. Perhaps he is overreaching, I don't know.

Take it for whatever it's worth. I am not interested in defending the veracity or the rest of the spiel. Dr. Scratch always tells me I am weak on focusing. True enough I guess.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Gadianton Plumber wrote:I wish upon wish I knew more about all the politics or alleged politics to comment. I don't have any clue why anyone in the COB would care about Will. Perhaps whoever it is emotionally invested in FAIR or MAD or whatever. Sorry, I have no further information to share.

I will send my friend an email and see if he can clarify or maybe come post here and explain. Although we have never really discussed this topic very much, he is a nice guy and we share other interests. I trust him to report things as honestly as he knows them. Perhaps he is overreaching, I don't know.

Take it for whatever it's worth. I am not interested in defending the veracity or the rest of the spiel. Dr. Scratch always tells me I am weak on focusing. True enough I guess.

Why does this sounds so reminiscent of various Scratchian informer-post apologias?
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Gadianton Plumber

Trevor wrote:
Gadianton Plumber wrote:I wish upon wish I knew more about all the politics or alleged politics to comment. I don't have any clue why anyone in the COB would care about Will. Perhaps whoever it is emotionally invested in FAIR or MAD or whatever. Sorry, I have no further information to share.

Why does this sounds so reminiscent of various Scratchian informer-post apologias?

Maybe that's all it is. Seriously though, anyone who takes such things seriously shouldn't. It is worth exactly the paper on which it is printed. It's just for fun.
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Good, good. All of this seems quite well. Once William is rejected by his friends and becomes angry about the Book of Abraham it will prove his undoing. This is all going exactly as I forsaw. He may only be weeks away from breaking.

Another one bites the dust!

Paul O
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Gadianton Plumber wrote:Maybe that's all it is. Seriously though, anyone who takes such things seriously shouldn't. It is worth exactly the paper on which it is printed. It's just for fun.

Sorry to be a party pooper.
_Gadianton Plumber

Trevor wrote:
Gadianton Plumber wrote:Maybe that's all it is. Seriously though, anyone who takes such things seriously shouldn't. It is worth exactly the paper on which it is printed. It's just for fun.

Sorry to be a party pooper.

You are not a party pooper. You try to call BS wherever you see it. You are right to call BS here. Look at it: an unverified poster reporting an anonymous email conversation he had. It's gossip at best. But then again, that's ok too, since this is just a message board and not a journal or a university or some such.

People can read my words, decide if I am trustworthy, guess as to whether my friend is trustworthy, or conclude it is irrelevant. Or you could find it interesting and speculate as to whatever is going on behind the scenes and thus be amused. You are right to point out that this OP was the whip cream in one of those cans, empty and not really useful or good for you. It is also tasty when you are bored and looking in the fridge. I do not have a history of spreading this whip cream all around, I am indulging myself and I will have to run a little longer tomorrow.